Poll: HEY PS3 OWNERS, Are you interested in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I don't usually care about fighter games, but it WOULD be fun to see who would win a fight between Sly Cooper and Kratos! And whether Kratos would look good in a 'coonskin hat.

[small]Yeah, I'm rooting for Sly, but we all know the most likely outcome.[/small]

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
I was quite exited at first, but E3 basically killed that for me. It looks like a cheap knock-off of SSB. And with cheap, I mean ugly, clumsy and just flat-out uninteresting.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Not likely going to get it, maybe but not likely. What I don't get is the whole it's SSBB with sony character. Yeah so, Romeo and Juliet is Pyramus and Thisbe with Shakespeare character. But I guess I kind of know why people think that way there is a thin line between love and hate, meaning people tend to not hate something because it's far off form what they like they hate it because it's close to what they like. It's the same reason a lot of people hate Bioware but talk up Obsidian/Black island it's close to what they like so they hate it. Of coarse that goes off on a whole tangent and I don't want to go there.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Maybe a rental. That way, I can beat the everloving piss out of Nathan Drake for a weekend to cure any animosity I have towards the character.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
list of characters i want in, that werent shown. Crash bandicoot, jak and dexter, classic spyro the dragon, ratchet and clank, sora from kingdom hearts,

characters who should be removed, parapa the rappa

that is all

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
As a soon-to-be PS3 owner who also owns every iteration of Smash Bros., I can say that I'm interested...somewhat. It's obviously a shameless attempt at copying Nintendo's series, but seeing as the elements that will make up the game are radically different, the game will be forced to end up being unique in one way or another. What I'm trying to get at is that I'm more interested in the reception of the game and what the critics say more than actually getting myself a copy.

EDIT:

band43seat said:
list of characters i want in, that werent shown. Crash bandicoot, jak and dexter, classic spyro the dragon, ratchet and clank, sora from kingdom hearts,

characters who should be removed, parapa the rappa

that is all
Be prepared to face the wrath of the internet, my friend. It is a merciless beast of nostalgia and 4Chan-esque comedy that cannot be stopped.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Ranylyn said:
I'm still not sure I even believe that this is actually happening, to be honest. COverage and trailers and whatnot be damned, I'm amazed as hell that no lawsuits are flying yet, and the fact that the roster even contains NON-EXCLUSIVE-TO-SONY stuff (Big Daddy? Really? Bioshock WAS on the 360 as well!)really makes me think this whole thing is an elaborate hoax to troll Sony Fanboys.
Uhhh... Why in the fuck would there be lawsuits? The characters may not all be Sony exclusive, but they've all been on the Playstation. It's not like they're using Master Chief or Mario. Besides, if they got permission, all's fine.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Not one bit. It's going to take A LOT to give it some sort of consistency. On one hand, you have Nathan Drake and Big Daddy. On the other, you have friggin' Fat Princess and Parappa. It just doesn't fit. At least in Smash Bros. there's this feeling of cartoonishness and absurdity that is present in most characters. Solid Snake felt out of place because he comes from a series with a vastly different tone than most Nintendo games. He's also the only character from an M-rated game. Everyone else had, at most, a T rating.

TL;DR: No style consistency, no sale.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
piinyouri said:
If Ratchet is in, yes.
If not, no.
He is.

.No. said:
Uhhh... Why in the fuck would there be lawsuits? The characters may not all be Sony exclusive, but they've all been on the Playstation. It's not like they're using Master Chief or Mario. Besides, if they got permission, all's fine.
People are under the mistaken impression that Nentendo own the idea, I don't know why and I don't care there is a 90% chance that anyone reading this is using a PC but they stole the idea of the mouse form a mac no one hear would care about that one.

WreckinMachineX

Jun 7, 2012
I love SSB, so I'm pretty excited for this game. I like being able to sit on a couch with three of my friends and have a stupid good time with characters we like (and don't like). Those are what make these kinds of games fun. They're not real technical and not to be made too serious. I'm welcoming a new game with a different roster of characters and styles.