Poll: Horror games, where do you think they should go?

alexxcodered

Feb 3, 2011
I am a big fan of horror, be it books, films, games, I can't get enough, and I'm wondering what the gaming community likes from it's horror, if you have any ideas for other types of horror or ideas for horror games, write it below. I would like this to show developers how many people enjoy horror games and where they think it should be headed. Personally, I'm a fan of action horror, so things like left 4 dead, but I enjoy all types.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I prefer psychological horror... things like Silent Hill. They play similar to corridor horror but the idea is the environment creates fear and tension more than the outright zombies attacking you.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Hey!, wheres the mind screwy stuff like silent hill? thats where i think horror should go for!

If it wasnt for the fact than unless silent hill downpour turns things around, the series is dead -_-

But really, more imagination and avoiding the hollywood answer to horror with throwing more blood and nudity around would be nice, less dumbing down like they did with silent hill would also be a big plus.

Slvrwolfen

Sep 10, 2008
Out of those options, Amnesia's style, the defenseless. BUT, of all the horror games out there, Silent Hill's first three games take the cake. Psychological horror is the best form of horror there is, getting you to the mood, screwing with your head, making you wait anxiously...

alexxcodered

Feb 3, 2011
FoolKiller said:
I prefer psychological horror... things like Silent Hill. They play similar to corridor horror but the idea is the environment creates fear and tension more than the outright zombies attacking you.
i chose to classify them under corridor horror, because they are quite similar but due to a couple of complaints I have give them a category to themselves