Poll: How did you find out about the escapist website?

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
They had the Zero Punctuation review for Oblivion on Game Invasion (sad face)and that led me to go onto wikipedia and look up ZP and that took me to the Escapist and eventually after seeing all of the old ZP reviews and several new ones I saw a cool topic on the forums so I made an account to post on those.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
*Digs out ancient thread from search engine*

Hey guys, look what I found.

So, the question will continue. There was a group of us having a discussion about Halo 3 on this site http://www.fark.com when a link to Zero Punctuation showed up. I followed the link, and then, from there, I keep looking around, and there's all kinds of sweet, sweet stuff here.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I've watched Yahtzee since the very beginning on Youtube... so when he came over I sort of just followed... than I eventually made an account and started posting in the forums...<.<

robodukky

Jul 7, 2010
At first I was shown ZP by a friend, and then that's all I watched. As I watched more, I decided to check out more of the website, and I have to say it's damn good content.

Mudze

Jan 6, 2011
I used to watch Extra Credits back on YouTube, when it consisted of two videos.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
This is embarassing...

A friend whipped up an Unforgotten Realms DVD, I watched all the episodes and got about 1 of the pop culture references, then decided to go to the website in the watermark.

Now that I've seen some decent webseries-es (read: apocalypse lane, doraleous and associates, zero punctuation, loadingreadyrun, etc) I look back and think of my old self as a complete idiot for liking UR. :/

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I saw a clip from ZP on X-play, found myself intrigued, long story short, I made a profile for the forums because some of the discussions also intrigued me.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Once in a while I'd hear "Yahtzee" mentioned on some pod-casts I listened to. The fact that this mentioning didn't accompany talk about dice and probabilities made "Yahtzee" stick out in my mind when he came up. One day I got curious enough about this Yahtzee guy to google him. At first, I only only watched ZP; now I'm addicted to lurking the forums and watching some of the other Escapist content like Extra Creditz and ENN.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
I actually started by watching a raywilliamjohnson show and he introduce some of these mini shows by the creator of apocalypse lane and i checked out his youtube channel witch lead me to the escapist around the time of when unforgotten realms was being started.
I've been just watching and hanging around the site for a while until i made the account.