Poll: How did you find out about the escapist website?

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
I was showed Zero Punctuation by a friend.
I eventually started tuning in weekly, saw the forums, and thought "Why not".

Now what about you?

Scotti13

Jul 2, 2008
I looked up Fable on youtube. I was suddenly suprised by the angry british man and immediatly feel in love with ZP. I have been coming to the Escapist every Wednesday to was new video...or to rewatch old ones for the millonth time. =D You just got to love yahtzee!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I also tuned into ZP, back in the youtube days, and saw the announcement that this would be the place to be to see the next one and, like a lamb, I followed. After a while I realised that this was an awesome website and joined. It's a pretty good community here and I love the way the staff dish out punishment, I'd love to do that on my forum but I doubt I'd have any members left!
I'm sure there's plenty of those 'cool kids' that joined before the first ZP hit youtube, oh how I envy your coolness! ;)

Scotti13

Jul 2, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
I'm sure there's plenty of those 'cool kids' that joined before the first ZP hit youtube, oh how I envy your coolness! ;)
Oh gosh, how I envy them too. *blushes*
Yahtzee was too good to miss, and yet I haden't seen his website for years!

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
The video games section of my Transformers forum (which I think makes us double-nerds) had a thread about Super Mario Galaxy. Somebody linked the ZP review. I wandered over and started watching the other ones, then noticed the "current topics" link up the side.

-Nick

BLERGER

Jun 11, 2008
If I remember correctly, my friend turned me onto ZP...haha, I'll never forget how hard I laughed that day...

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
I was linked Yahtzee's Mass Effect review whilst trolling the GameFAQs boards.

Whatever The Escapist is paying Yahtzee-- it can't be enough. The man can pull in traffic like a hero.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I'm trying to remember how, seeing as I've been reading it on and off since the single-digit edition era. Odds are I saw a link to an article on it in someone's blog or on another game-related forum... though it's remotely possible I stumbled on it while prowling Google for game-related news.

-- Steve

Nochar

May 28, 2008
I have no idea how i first found the site, but im sure it had something to do with ZP :)

Now ive shown it to several buddies, and we all agree it is 'faukeen oresumm' (or something)

assassin18

Apr 28, 2008
Friend told me about Zero Punctuation. Crysis was the first video I saw, and now I'm a dedicated fan!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I actually was coming here even before ZP and before I worked for Themis. The articles are what got me. Nothing really like it on the net IMO.

indigo_reyn

May 1, 2008
I was watching G4's X-Play and heard Adam Sessler rave about how much he loved ZP and Yahtzee and they aired some of his GDC clip on G4. I started checking out some of the clips on YouTube then noticed ZP was on a website, which brought me here.

UltraStationJin

Jul 2, 2008
I found out about this site via X-Play on the G4 Network. I've known for a while, but just bothered to come on yesterday for the first time, and just bothered to Register here just now to post this, and have been watching Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation Videos 1 by 1 since yesterday. So much to catch up on. They've been showing little previews on X-Play, which I've been enjoying, so it's nice to finally see them in all their expletive glory.

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
UltraStationJin said:
I found out about this site via X-Play on the G4 Network. I've known for a while, but just bothered to come on yesterday for the first time, and just bothered to Register here just now to post this, and have been watching Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation Videos 1 by 1 since yesterday. So much to catch up on. They've been showing little previews on X-Play, which I've been enjoying, so it's nice to finally see them in all their expletive glory.
That's much like me, sept I joined a bit farther back.
Thanks to G4 for showing the awesome previews and me for getting off me ass to come here and look at the amazing Yahtzee.