Poll: How do you like your steak?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
game-lover said:
I have no idea...

See, I've had steak a few times and I didn't like it. But it was baked and I get the feeling it's supposed to be grilled.

I think I should have to try some more types.
The trick is to marinate it in Teriyaki for a few hours before taking it to a grill.

Welcome to Flavor City, population: You.

strobe

Jun 3, 2010
The best type of steak is just after all of the red is gone. That doesn't mean it's dry. Well done isn't burnt; burnt is burnt.

What you do is: you fry the steak. I can't do it and I usually guess wrong but I've had it perfect before. A beautiful fillet steak with no fat, brown all the way through and loverly and juicy. Preferred way of eating: in hand like a chocolate bar.

"Melt in the mouth" is a phrase that never ever should have ever been used to describe meat. Ever. Because meat shouldn't melt.

Edit: I'm probably talking about medium, aren't I? Well I described the best type of steak possible anyway.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
I like my steak perfectly rare, but it's hard to order because steakhouses seem to have wildly different ideas as to what constitutes a rare steak. Some places lean toward blue while others lean toward medium. I want my steak rare as possible while still being warm all the way through. This isn't a problem in nice restaurants since you can discuss the specifics and know it'll be perfect but more casual places are a crap-shoot. It's definitely better to er on the side of rare though. Overcooked steaks make me cry searing tears of blood. Better blue than ruined.

Of course, it only matters with nice meat. If you got crappy steak, cover that bad boy in jerk seasoning and cook it to death (i.e. to medium rare).

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Bloody as possible. My general attitude to food is that it's awesome as long as it's moving slowly enough to eat.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
The poll is fail without Blue as an option.

Wipe it's nose, wipe it's ass, cut off what you want and ride the rest home.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Dimitriov said:
My name is Fiction said:
Not to sound creepy but the blood has the flavor!
Ninja'd!

But yeah where is the "blue" option? I voted rare but that really doesn't cut it.
Technically, all blood is removed from the tissue when the animal is slaughtered. What you call blood is merely "meat juice".

BioHazardMan

Sep 22, 2009
Actually Blue Rare is the most raw :p

I like mine medium rare, nice and tender. Well done is a waste of a good steak.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
Medium Well Done. I guess that describes it as best as possible for me. I'm not a picky guy but I like my steak done between medium and well done because it's so delicious.