Poll: How good are you at gaming?

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
I was once 4th in a 1v100 with 28,000 players. That made me feel gooooood.
Apart from that one shining moment of making the leaderboard, ehhh... I'm average. I have good days and bad days, and days where I hurl the controller at the wall. That's normal, right?

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
Got to rank 100 in 1v1 ranked on supreme commander forged alliance...
(I'm pretty convinced I could have gotten to top 50, which is where it starts getting hard)

gadafgadaf

Nov 29, 2009
i really don't have the patience for long rpgs but im a natural at shooters and i don't like to mash buttons in hack and slash or fighting games. so i guess im so so when it comes to gaming as a whole. sim games can be fun and im average at RTS.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
I'm the kind of person who can play Super Smash Bros Brawl and Brütal Legend almost naturally because I followed hype and watched examples of gameplay. I'd say I'm pretty damn good.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I used to be really goddamn good. Especially at Starcraft. Not quite professional-level good, but close enough as far as I cared.

These days, I simply don't play enough, and I tend to spread my attention over several games at a time in stead of focusing on one game exclusively, so I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be. I like to think that I'm still pretty good at gaming, but whenever I go online it turns out that I'm barely mediocre at most games.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I would say really good. There are some games that people are just straight up better than me at but I'm pretty good at the games that I'm good at. Like, I could probably beat all my friends at Gears of War 2 but just about all of my friends could beat me at Halo 3. If it were a PC FPS I could destroy anybody at it but I am pretty not good at console FPS.

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
I'm no Pwnerer, but I'm not completely useless. Depends on the game, what mood I'm in and if I'm tired or not.

Yes you read that right. I play better when I'm tired....

LinedGoat

Nov 23, 2009
I'm pretty good player in FPS games and platform(!) games. I pick up things quickly and I start thinking of different tactics and such. But as always, there's still a shitload of people better then me.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I consider myself to have above average skill. Now I'm no gaming prodigy, but I definitely can school some fools.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Almost always in the top three, but every 30th game or so my kdr is like 8/34 and then I just start trying things to be goofy like seeing if I can blow myself up so that my ragdoll is propelled at the enemy with enough force to kill them.

good times....

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
depends on the game...
I really do suck at shooters, though. Rather inconsistent when it comes to multiplayer and all. I prefer single player for those games. But most of the games I play are third person action games and I especially love Splinter Cell. Fun as hell to play online as well.

That and I go through phases of sucking at StarCraft and being really good

Jul 22, 2009
I too realise that there is always someone better than you out there... but that doesn't stop me kicking ass and taking names online. so number 2 ^_^

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
Played cs for many years but never really felt i was better than anybody else so, average.

Racing sims like Gran Turismo or Forza are the only games where i will say "i'm better than you"... also games involving flying a helicopter or plane because i mastered them in flight simulator 98 and 2004 :)

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Stats don't lie. I only just started playing online MP on the Ecks-Bawks Free-Sixty two weeks ago. I've only played Halo 3 and MW2 so far. Both games have stats I've noted to different degrees.
In Halo 3, the stats are quite clear: according to Waypoint I'm almost exactly the average Social gamer (1.01 K/D ratio and 0.75 Ranked). Of course, this doesn't tell the whole story. I've suffered many a class A whooping in Social games to those who by rights shouldn't have even been in the Social room - guys who were clearly a well-oiled team/murder-machine. I've also felt the sting of frequently partying up with my friends, most of whom really shouldn't be online in pure skill terms. This often leads to hideously unbalanced teams when the matchmaking system (thankfully, but still painfully) keeps us all together against a team full of generals, colonels and so forth. What's more, I find my K/D ratio is extremely game-type sensitive. In Team Swat I range from the upper middle of the pack to the scoring leader, whereas in big team matches with vehicles and wide open maps I often flounder; I have neither the ability nor inclination to pick up the biggest baddest weapon/vehicle and spam it. This leads to many Spazer/Rocket/sniper/vehicle deaths.
In MW2, the story is very different. I'm quite clearly above average. In fact, in my third ever online game I took the highest individual score by a wide margin. This probably doesn't say much though - most of the players are utter shite. When I can win ~70% of the head-to-head I-know-that-you-know-that-I-know duels it's a sign the player base just isn't that good.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'm pretty average. I don't win a lot nor lose a lot. If it's a fighting or racing game, then yeah, I'm pretty good.