Poll: How happy (or unhappy) are you with your relationship status?

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
Taken and very happy.
As with many on this thread I kinda suffer from a unique foot-in-mouth syndrome that pops up when I try to ask girls out, so imagine my surprise and joy when she asked me!
This'd be the first relationship that I'd call real, and honestly, there is a lot to recommend it.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Relationships are low on my priority list. They're below maintaining my job, paying my bills, and making sure I can afford to eat enough to survive. Then there's keeping my place clean, being loyal to my friends(and finding time for them+family), and enjoying my free time.

Hell, relationships aren't even on my priority list.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Single and happy about it. Was in a relationship for 4 years which then ended - and you know what? That's actually quite fine. Now I can belch, fart, drink, leave the toilet seat up, leave my plates with 3 day old food out, take a shower once a week, scratch my crotch whenever I want and yell/laugh out very loud in front of the computer!

Not saying I do all that, but I can if I want to!

Aaaahh, the freedom.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
I have no idea how to answer this poll. I was taken and kinda happy. Not thrilled, no longer "in love". As of tonight though I'm single. I just got dumped. I'm unhappy about it because I feel used and there's alot of stuff ahead of me. We weren't married but own a house together. I don't know where I'll be going, probably leaving the area since I moved away from my home to be with him. I'm pretty numb about it but when I do get sad and my eyes tear up, it's not so much about him as about being alone. Many times I thought of leaving him, actually have done everything with another man but intercourse, so I'm not just a victim here. But I cut that off because I didn't want to hurt him.

There's the lesson for us: take care of yourself first.

Another lesson: keep your eye on your partner and facebook.

Edit - what a great 100th post for me!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I'm not in a relationship right now, and I feel miserable alone, but I might be soon.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Well, I'm 14 and gay, so how can I be unhappy? The chances of me having a boyfriend at this point are next to nil, especially in a place like Tauranga.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Too many people not worth dating to consider it.
I hear they're expensive too (women). And they deny it but then again a study suggested that men who date spend an average of $3000 more per year when in a relationship.

That's like 3 months of minimum-wage full time work? Taxes takes half, bills. You end up with only $3000 for yourself.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
Single and extremely unhappy, but not because I'm single. I don't see the need to ever get into any kind of relationship, and I'm perfectly content with never being in one. No, I'm depressed for myriad reasons, but none having to do with romance.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Single and happy :D

Seriously... I'm really enjoying being single right now. I need to be out of relationships for a while :3
I know just what you mean brah.

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
Married for 5 years, one child and one on the way.
Content, happy, satisfied.
But I have the perfect partner for me, she's the best.
So, yeah, I'm really happy.
And looking at the banner ad at the top of this page, she actually looks a lot like the chick from loading ready run. (don't know her name, never watched it....)

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I'm happy, but I've already had one relationship and I know what it's like to feel loved. God I'd kill to have that feeling back again.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Broady Brio said:
Slightly unhappy. I'm single, like I've been all my life. But relationships all around tend to fail anyways, so on one side I'm thinking "What's the point?" and on the other side I'm thinking that there is SOME point to it if it happens constantly around me.
Everyone dies some day, what's the point in doing anything ever at all? Just lie down and wait for it all to end...

OK slightly over dramatic there but you get my point. Breakups and failed relationships suck, but they can still be good while they last.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Single. Unhappy.

I've been in and out of relationships a lot. The annoying part is they always start GREAT. She's happy. I'm treating her well. Things couldn't be better.

Then, for some random ass reason, they always drop contact with me. I try to reach em, they don't answer. When they finally do answer, they say that I'm being obsessive or paranoid and it's shortly after that, that they end it. Is it really paranoid to wonder where they are if I haven't heard ANYTHING from them in multiple days? Is it really paranoid when this has happened to me only about a dozen times?

I just wish I could find someone who wouldn't treat me like shit. It's getting ridiculous. Plus, after moving out and living on my own, lonely as ever out here. No family or friends out here. Life kinda sucks right now.

Muzzyloper

Jun 14, 2010
I'm single and I'm okay with it. I do have romantic interests, but I really love the freedom of being single. I'm one of those people that are just happy to be able to have some leg room. I don't have any tight schedules that I have to work around to spend time with a loved one. I can do whatever I want, really. This is why I don't really want to get into a relationship unless it's with someone I truly care about. Can't say I've met that someone yet.

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
I'm single and happy with my current situation, that's not to say I wouldn't embrace a change to the status-quo. But I'm OK with my life at the moment.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
to the post maker, love the outcome, nice piramid you got going there XD

also, taken and verry happy about it :)