Poll: How Healthy Is The Escapist Community??

WheresMyCow

Oct 2, 2008
18.7 just barely average.
I've been working out to build up muscle mass so I can donate blood.
But so far it's slow work, over than past year I've gained 5 pounds.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Well the BMI is a complete waste of time. My BMI (last time I checked; a while ago) says I'm overweight which is crap as I'm 5'10" and I have a 32" waist. I used to have my BMI call me obese - the height was the same but with a 34" waist. The BMI doesn't take muscle into account - muscle weighs about three times more that fat - so that's why when gymnasts get their BMI results, they are usually Obese; they are short and although skinny, they are very muscly.

Tehpwnsauce

Apr 30, 2009
I shall point you to the thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.126070?page=1 . I really don't need to say anymore

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I'm 6 foot and weigh a shade under 200 lbs. So I'm about normal, maybe a little bit of a gut because I like my beer.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
gI have no idea my weight, so I guessed, and got an 18.7 Guess I should eat more snacks! :D

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
im just a little chubby, not really fat. in fact im at the edge of healthy and overweight, technicly im overweight. i have huge manboobs though, i think i have gynocamastia. and im get tired easily, though im doing better, maybe next year i will be super fit.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
actually i was in the hospital recently, so i already know that my bmi says i am underweight.

i already knew this though, and have done for a long time, so it wasn't very informative. i'm built like a skeleton.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I used to be normal now due to sedentarism im overweighted but i'll star to work out again soon

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
eggcarrier said:
I'm fat, NEXT! And over 53% are normal weight? Liars.
That sounds pretty resentful, doesn't it? The BMI for Normal Weight is very very broad, and it's called "normal" because it's the most common.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
I don't know and nor do care, I'm going on a trip to scotland this weekend that will probably shave five years off my life and i'm positivly looking forward to it.

Ginnipe

May 25, 2009
I am slightly overweight but the reason being is that im a giant combanation of fat and lot's of muscle.

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
I was told I'm muscular - nothing to be prous of, since I just do alot of sports, and other people don't.

BMI is pretty pointless to be honest, since they always have rugby players etc to be overweight. Then again, it would be difficult to do something like a fat percentage thingy at the doctors maybe.