Poll: How honest do you think others on The Escapist really are?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I don't think people give the whole truth, but I expect that most people are at least fairly honest about most of what they say. The people who lie regularly usually get exposed as such after a while anyway, so the people who are left are those who are generally honest. :)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Depends on how far-fetch it sounds.

I once saw a guy that wrote "A guy once said something that was wrong. I punched him in the face for it".

That's bullshit.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I think we're mostly honest. Anonymity = Security. We can say almost anything we want here so why do we need to lie? Almost no one knows who you really are, unless you make it obvious.

However, I don't think we're completely honest. "My cat got run over by a car" is boring in comparison to "OMG, my cat was totally crushed by a giant semi-truck!". Still sort of true, just made more "awesome" to encourage responses.

Whatever. I know I'm usually very honest here.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
I chose "MEH" because i think we answer honestly but whats life(or thread) without a few laughs and joking about something.

Last Valiance

Jun 26, 2010
I answer polls as if they are a competition to choose the option with the most votes, irrespective of my opinion.

I'd guess I'm not the only one that's weird like this...

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
My stories are true as I remember them, which probably makes them complete bullshit. But I'm not lying on purpose.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
You're all a bunch of liars!!!!!

Just kidding, I'm sure that some aren't being totally honest but hey, this is the internet.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I actually twist a few things in my stories, but they're so minor they don't make the story completely false. Like when I'm recalling a Tekken experience and I'm too lazy to type "my brother" all the time (my bro plays Tekken a LOT) I'll just say said experience happened to me.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Interesting Topic.

They all speak the truth. Now that was a lie. I could never know, but I think many do exaggerate the hell out of things.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Does it really matter? as far as I'm concerned they're telling the truth...<.<

Apr 28, 2008
Second option.

People lie, some more then others, some more on the internet then in life and vice versa.

I don't take everything at face value though. Or at least I try not to.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go skydiving into a sea of chocolate and many beautiful women. And yes that is true. Totally. Completely.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
I tend to be pretty truthful on and off of this - unless I give a silly answer to a thread question it's generally honest

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Well, a lot of people post pictures, so I'd say more honest than usual for the internet.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
It depends entirely on subject matter. Most would be quite honest in regards to things they wouldn't admit in real life, but then they would bullshit about things that make them look awesome.

The way of the internet, basically.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
People always tend to exaggerate at least some stuff, but I think the community here is mostly honest.

This is a rather interesting topic really, since I've recently decided to try and be honest 100%.

..I probably won't last very long.

Mackheath said:
Oh, I exaggerate all the time. *shrug* As for everyone else, who knows?
I'm pretty sure you only exaggerate some of the time.

See what I did thar?

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
I've found this to be one of the more honest and open sites out there.
Definitely has a comfortable vibe for a place so large.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The idea of a username (in essence, your name, but chosen by you) removes anonymity, at least to some degree. As a result, I tend to assume that people here are of a similar level of honesty to what they would be in real life when introducing themselves to new people.

Of course there's a fair bit of exaggeration - I'm certainly prone to overstating my own accomplishments from time to time - but on the whole, I don't think most people lie that much. If they do, chances are they do in real life, too.