Poll: How many games did you pay full price for this year?

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I rarely buy full price if something is over 20 bucks if it isn't from a franchise I already love. When I get acquainted with a current gen console or better PC, I'm probably going to get Fallout 4 and BLOPS 3(if they're actually good) at full price or really damn close, but that probably won't be until spring anyway. I think I actually only bought UnderTale at full price this year too. Everything else was either pre owned or on sale on Steam I or free I think.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Zero (didn't vote since it wasn't an option). I have hundreds of games from various bundles and deals and very rarely pay over £5 for any single game. Honestly it's digital hoarding at this point.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Another addition to the 'zero' purchases cavalcade - my steam library is big enough that I rarely see the point of buying new games. As it is I've played less than 20% of the games I own, and all of them had been bought at some degree of discount.

I'm interested to know how many of those with zero full price purchases play exclusively single player games like me?

Joining a game from the start is alot more important in multi-player or games with a multi-player mode, which is why many people stil buy CoD every year.

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
in 2014 it was DA:I, South Park and Dark Souls 2 and maybe smth else....but this year? i dont think even one

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Add yet another poster wanting a zero poll option.

I never buy a game until it hits below a certain sum (and I know it's working).
Besides that, I've got other principles to uphold as well.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I'm a year and a half out of college and at a pretty comfortable income vs. expense ratio for now (probably because I'm single), so at the present I don't mind buying a game at full price if I'm excited about it.

I bought MGSV and Witcher 3 at full price along with a handful of smaller and/or indie games that probably added up to the price of one AAA game. So, probably 5 or 6 games in total?

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
only three games that came out this year were worth full price to me.. Batman Arkham Knight, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (never played it when it was on ps3)and Onechanbara Z2 chaos.... all of the other games I got this year, i waited till the prices dropped

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
0 for me the last game I payed full price for was inquisition which was a bit of a waste now that I think about it

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Zero?
Still riding on waves of Kickstarter games that I supported years ago.
Playing strictly DRM-free games does tend to narrow the selection a bit.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Zero. There were 5 I got at launch (Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 4 and Shadowrun Hong Kong) but I still got a discount of some kind on all of them.I'm not sure why I'd ever pay full price.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Also zero, I have more then enough patience to wait for a decent sale or wait for the game to come as a "complete" edition. As a side note, almost every year is a zero year for me.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Zero. I think the last game I purchased was Shovel Knight, but I would totally buy Undertale and probably Fallout 4 at some point.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
None. It's been a slow year for me, gaming-wise. I think I can count the discounted games I bought on one hand too.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Only 1. Pillars Of Eternity. In fact ive brought very few games this year at all. Apart from PoE and Witcher 3 and Splattoon (which i still got cheap) there really havnt been many games ive been all that interested in. Sure Fallout 4 has my eye but thats it.

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
Only Destiny legendary edition. Got Arkham Knight with my PS4 but other than that I wait for sales.