Poll: How many hours do you sleep a night (on average)?

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
Just a simple question I have that I would really appreciate a few of you to answer for me for a statistics project I am working on. If you would like, you could also add you age, location, occupation, ect. to give more detail.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
I sleep around 6-10hrs on weekdays and on holidays and weekend I do something between 10-14hrs

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
My problem is that if I stayed awake till I was tired and slept till I was completely refreshed I would be on a 28 hour cycle (roughly). I like to sleep 8-10 hours and stay awake for around 18-20 hours. It might be because I am such a light sleeper and wake up a few times a night as well. Either way it can be a touch frustrating living in a societal set schedule but what ever you win some you lose some.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I work 4 am to 5-6pm and 6 am to 3 pm so my schedule gets a bit wonky with 5 hours one night and 7 another. I rarely sleep more than 8 though cause i'll get a headache from sleeeping to long.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
On weekdays, I go to bed 8 hours before my alarm is set to go off, but it usually takes about an hour for me to fall asleep. Sleeping for about 9 hours on the weekends probably balances it out at 8 hours average.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
On average I sleep between two and four hours a night. I have insomnia fairly regularly, likely induced by my sleep apnea and my body not wanting to subject itself to the effects of it. Weekends, I force myself to sleep between six and eight hours to try and recharge. Luckily I'm one of those people who don't actually need a ton of sleep to function properly, so it doesn't affect me too adversely.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
These days it's seven or eight thanks to my bloody new manager work time. The earliest I used to get into work was 8.30 am but with her around she had put me in morning shift at 8am when it's not delivery days (I understand if she wanted me at 8 to help her bring the stocks in). Even then it's just justify for being in that early at work (counting the money and the morning procedures are done in half an hour so the other half are stuff we can easily work on when the shop is open).
It seen that half an hour early seen to had alter my sleeping habit alot as I keep waking up dead early these days.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
somewhere between 6-8 hours.
wish it was more somedays but damn kindle and ebooks!!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I sleep anywhere from 5-6 hours during the week (not enough I know but I enjoy my free time too much) and around 8 hours on the weekends.

DC1

Jun 8, 2009
On average I sleep 6 hours on weekdays, because I procrastinate and I'm a college student. On weekends, I sleep around ten hours because I don't have commitments.

DC1

Jun 8, 2009
On average I sleep 6 hours on weekdays, because I procrastinate and I'm a college student. On weekends, I sleep around ten hours because I don't have commitments.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
About 6 hours or so on average.

That very well depends on how busy I am and how late I end up staying because of something I'm working on.

Also, I have insomnia so I'm lucky if I get that much. :(

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I get about 7 during the weekdays. I have to be awake a little after 6am, so I try to go to bed around 11. On weekends I tend to get 8, but since I've been getting up so early during the week I'm starting to wake up early on the weekends too, which sucks.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ideally eight hours, but more often than not I sleep six or seven. Depends how busy a schedule I have each day.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I tend to sleep about 7 hours a night on average. Sometimes less, sometimes more. You'd think, as someone who is currently unemployed I'd take the chance to sleep more, but it turns out that gets old really damn quick.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Between 9 and 10 hours a night. If I get 8 hours or less I won't be properly awake and such for half of the day. There have been days where I slept 6~8 hours, but those are rare and they only happen like once in a blue moon.

I used to be able to thrive on just 7 hours or so though. During my high school years that is.

Zantos said:
You'd think, as someone who is currently unemployed I'd take the chance to sleep more, but it turns out that gets old really damn quick.
I disagree. I do volunteer work, and mostly get to decide on my work hours myself. And I still have no problem sleeping 9~10 hours a night. :p

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
I can't stay up past Midnight and can't sleep in past 8:00am, my body clock has made its mind up.

So 8 hours.