Poll: How Many of You Actually Play Sports?

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
No, not anymore. I used to be on the volleyball team, all through high school, but ever since I started college, I gave up team sports. Now, I just run when I can.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
i have always been shit at sports. only one i could do well was badminton and it isn't cool to be good at that...so i just stopped. roll on the beer gut.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
Indeed i do! I play basketball as often as i can, and i plan on starting running at the end of june. (No competitive running though. only to gain stamina and lose weight).

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I am a boxer, go running and do judo, as well as rugby, skiing and kayaking (though the last three less often).

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Darts in the pub are about the closest I get to a sport these days.Played a fair few sports when I was younger though.Hurling and Gaelic Football as a child.Basketball and then Rugby in my teens and Soccer for quite a few years in my 20's.However injuries over the years have taken their toll and left me with dodgy knees so contact sports are a no-no these days.I do walk a lot for exercise though

dangitall

Mar 16, 2010
I used to play basketball in a team, I stopped playing with a team after a while, now I just play by myself for exersize, I usually play with people in the outdoor courts now.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I've been in a soccer team every year since about grade 3 so yes I play often.

I also play various sports with my friends in my spare time if it's a nice day out.

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
Used to be baseball back in high-school. Nowadays, I'm on a rec-league softball team.

I'm happy to see that many Escapists seem active, kinda kicks that "gamers sit on the couch all day" thing in the face, eh?

Konijn

Apr 8, 2010
I used to play volleyball. Then I didn't do any sports for a LONG time. While I never was skinny, I did gain "a lot" of weight over the years. So now I'm getting back into exercises and what not to help get a bit into shape. But I'll NEVER EVER do any sort of competitive sport again, people just get way too fanatical when a sport is involved (including myself, while playing a f*cking game of volleyball nonetheless!!!).

inflamessoilwork

Jul 14, 2009
I play tennis, was ranked #1 on the h.s. team 3 years in a row, and I'm trying to play now but it's hard to find reliable people to play with.

Basha

Apr 5, 2010
I train Goju-ryu karate 3-4 times a week, mainly for exercise, have also just started competing.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
Rugby for the school
Prop Forward (Occasionally second row)
I got in a calendar, twice.
Admittedly the school's Rugby calendar

Galebaby

Apr 22, 2010
I played a lot of sports as a child. Soccer, hockey, baseball.
Mostly with the neighborhood kids.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I grew up playing sports then stopped playing at secondary school and never started again.

It's probably been about 7-8 years since I've been involved in sports.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
No because I know how stupid a fatty playing sports looks :')
I used to do martial arts... I'm going to take it up again once I finish sixth form.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
I game. It requires concentration, dexterity and quick reflexes.

In all seriousness though, I play football (soccer for those confused), mostly indoor. It's fun, but Christ it's tiring.