Poll: How many of you have changed your profile name?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I've yet to. I might change the "m" to a capital, but I'm not changing the actual name.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Just a few days ago.
i used to be Industrial-strength Fan, with a fan as my avatar.

now i upgraded to Your once and future fanboy, and i chose a avatar that where easier to understand.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I didn't know you could and didn't. I don't really use this name in games anymore, but eh... I don't mind it still being on forum names...

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Nope no need too, mine is unique and I who I am known as pretty much everywhere online, from Youtube to Xbox Live. And my friends legitimately called me it in school aswell, they thought they were slagging me but I liked how it rolled off the tongue so I kept it. Its pronounced different from its spelling though. it should be shronpop(shh-rown-pop), with a fada on the first o. Shron is the Irish word for nose and I have a fairly distinct one you would say. Not sure how pop ended up there but it did, and it works pretty well as Sronpop.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I used to be called Wasder, but I stopped liking it for some reason. I haven't changed my avatar since, just to help people recognise me.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
yes, it used to be aimhellfire which was my old email adress. My new name and my new email adress are both way cooler

• New name: Hollock
    Old name: aimhellfire
    New email: Theasianhyena
    Old Email: aimhellfire

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
I want to, but can't think of anything cool. Maybe something Bowie related.
No don't change it its cool, its screams sex appeal to me, no idea why it just does.

That and coupled with your avatar that I have actually spent days staring at brings me joy, its like "Happy Panic!"

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Nope, although I have had the urge to change it. This was the profile name I used when I first joined the site and I would like to think that if I change it, no one would recognize me.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Valkyira said:
I've been a member of this site for over a year now, I'm on here more or less everyday and I'm embarrassed to say, I only just found out that you could change your account name. I used to be 'Pr0 InSaNiTy' (which was a huge mistake), and now I've changed to Valkyira.

My question for all of you is, have you changed your account name before? If so, what did you used to be known as?
How do you change it?

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
williebaz said:
Valkyira said:
I've been a member of this site for over a year now, I'm on here more or less everyday and I'm embarrassed to say, I only just found out that you could change your account name. I used to be 'Pr0 InSaNiTy' (which was a huge mistake), and now I've changed to Valkyira.

My question for all of you is, have you changed your account name before? If so, what did you used to be known as?
How do you change it?
Update account information. You can only do it once, so use it wisely.

mikekearn

Erudite Loquaciousness
Aug 27, 2008
Never. I have two usernames that I've been using for over a decade; this one, and my "gamer" handle, which is Dragonmanweb. I mostly use that one now as my XBL username. I also haven't used any avatar besides this one, or one like similar to it, ever since I first designed it a few years back.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Valkyira said:
williebaz said:
Valkyira said:

How do you change it?
Update account information. You can only do it once, so use it wisely.
I just did, you may call me Chunko now!

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Well, does changing capitalisation in the name count? It doesn't count as your single name change, but it is a change of name nonetheless.