Poll: How many symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder do you have?

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
somelameshite said:
Wow, I have SIX of those.

Seems like "Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict." is the only one I'm missing.
Good for you. You may be an asshole, but it's your own fault and you're proud of it!

As for me, I've got 2 of them, and I find that anyone who doesn't have any of these is highly suspicious, and probably one of those overly cheerful people everyone secretly hates. But that's probably just my inner jerk talking.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
Wow, I actually don't have any of those. Although I would be the first to say that there's nothing wrong with me... But I'll say none!

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Aerodyamic said:
dfphetteplace said:
Are those really antisocial symptoms, or just being an asshole?
I'm leaning towards the asshole explanation, myself. And I mean that literally... I think I'm probably more of an asshole than a anti-something personality dis-whatever.

When people stop coming up with more labels to differentiate themselves from the other equally irritating assholes, and just admit that we're ALL different variations of jerk, we can start working on the social remedies, rather than the medical ones.
Isn't asshole a label too though? Then...so is jerk.

Anyway, I only picked one.

*Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships.

The others I'm a little sketchy on:

*Callous unconcern for the feelings of others and lack of the capacity for empathy.

*Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.
It more that I sometimes find it difficult to express myself properly, so it ends up looking that way sometimes. By the time I realise what I've done it's too late to do anything about it and I end up feeling crappy about myself.

*Incapacity to experience guilt and to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
I feel very guilty a lot of the time, even for things I reasonably shouldn't, but I don't do anything that warrants punishment, ostensibly being an adult, so I can't say it's of any benefit to me. It just makes me 100 times worse than I already feel about something.

*Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior bringing the subject into conflict.
Again, this is somewhat true and untrue about me. I actively avoid conflict at all times, even where it may not necessarily be of the violent sort. However, I do tend to rationalise people's reactions to me as being solely their problem rather than something I can change with respect to myself. If I'm walking down the road, and come across a group of people, I get very skittish, my head goes down and I try to avoid their gaze. I start to limp slightly and cringe, because, usually at this point they're laughing and I'm concocting revenge fantasies (not that mind you I'd ever act on such a flimsy pretence). Despite the fact that I'm here typing about it, it's unlikely that I'm going to go out and change anything.

*Persistent irritability.
Nope, I'm fairly mellow. Even to the point where the only time I get panicked or flustered is in group social situations. Seriously, I ran full force into the backing of a bookshelf recently, eye first. Despite a little nausea, I didn't really get any kind of feeling, nor worry that I'd busted my eye up completely (it was fine, just a lot of blood and some scarring). And it wasn't shock either, just, nothing.

Now I think about it, the word that best describes me is: Asocial. Well, minus the lack of empathy bit. But, certainly not Anti-social.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
Aylaine said:
Jedamethis said:
nelsonr100 said:
Why is there no option for 0? I'm fairly sure people exist with none of these issues
Yup, me.

Yay, I definitely don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder.
Same here. I have none of those problems listed, in fact I an exactly the opposite in each one in a positive way. Overly positive!
Well... there are more mentally healthy people here =D
Btw there are to few people using smileys on this forum... or is that just a side effect of being positive =D

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Seems like a rather short and incomplete checklist to me. I barely qualify for like one or two points on it, and im still one of the most antisocial people I know, but due to other factors missing from the list.

Also, Psychology = pseudo-science, so why bother in the first place?

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
To be honest, i can barely understand the list given so i'll just say these:

-Hates going out clubbing or the the pub
-Avoids going anyway with mates
-Lives in the bedroom on facebook or Perfect World most of the day (occasionally venturing downstairs to watch tv)
-The only person I want to be around or ever go out with is my fiance, and if i do go out with my 2 friends (my ONLY 2 friends), its only if i can drag him with me.
-If i drink, i have a habit of slagging people off
-I find it very hard to listen to people if i think what they are suggesting is crap and that mines better

-Did i mention i have only 2 friends???

yup thats my anti-social behaviour summed up

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
FaceFaceFace said:
Lord George said:
6 of them but I'm just more a happy-go-lucky irresponsible jerk with poor self control really.

Why is our society so quick to fob off responsibility all the time, "oh its not your fault you have a disorder", what a load of bull.
Since you take responsibility for your irresponsibility, doesn't that mean your now down to only 5 of them?
Well I more merely acknowledge it, but sounds good enough to me, down to 5, yay.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I have none of these, this is like the complete and total opposite of me.

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
6... But I've already been diagnosed with this by family members, a psychologist and my ex...

Zirat

May 16, 2009
Out of what you posted, 3. Im easily irritable but I dont usually show it, opting for concealing everything with a blank stare.