Poll: How much do you spend on an average night out?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
About $50 per weekend, doing all kinds of fun. Though, I will put up about the same buying a bottle or two for private consumption, and have much more fun over a longer period of time.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I'd say between $0-$30 USD. I usually don't go out. I'll go to a party at someones house and then I only spend money because I think it's rude to go to a party and drink without contributing.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Depends.

If an average night is a few friends drinking pizza and eating beer over a few games of MW2 then about £10/£15. It it's a house party it's about £20. If it's out on the town it's usually £25ish (gets much more expensive if shots are involved).

RewardMe

Dec 2, 2009
wordsmith said:
Around £25, plus £15 for a taxi home, so around £40.

RewardMe said:
50 to 60 quid for a average night. Guest_Star is not wrong though. I have a few mates who spend up to 100 on.. Extras.
I'm guessing you're probably not talking about this, but I have been in a bar with someone who put a £50 on the bar and said "as many jaegerbombs as you can get out of that". The bar does 2 jaegerbombs for £2.50...Basically everyone who was at the bar when the dude rocked up got a jaegerbomb. 20 lined up like that? Beautiful :D
Just googled jaegerbombs.

I've had something similar but it was a different kind of spirit with a shot glass of red bull in the middle. It went down well, which i weren't expecting(redbull is great with everything it seems). But a Jäger-train sounds like a awesome sight to see.

Edit: Hehe reverse that. I had a half pint of redbull with a shot of spirit in the middle. Now i think about it-it could of been one of those jaegerbombs. I can't remember what spirit we used.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
The most expensive part of the night for me is the taxi home. I don't really buy my own drinks ;D

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
Usually less than £10. But then I don't drink so my nights out usually involve cinema, bowling or something like that and we generally pay for our own stuff.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Less than $10- don't know what that translates to. I'm a cheap date for others and to myself. It helps that I don't drink alcohol.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
the money has to be the best part about not being interested in alcohol. :3
Maybe $10 if I get some coffee and a foodstuffs.

Or 350 for some lemonade.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Depends.

I would say around £40-50 if I can, but I don't take out all my money and leave my card at home so it doesn't get stupid.

I don't stop drinking very well if I have funds.

toast_ed

Aug 18, 2009
Extraintrovert said:
Silly people, drinking ethanol and leaving the house. Don't they know that the best funtimes are to be had all alone and with no chemical additions?
i was 12 once aswell

(sorry i know it way too harsh, but i made mself laugh so decide to post it anyway, no hard feelings)

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I spend anywhere from $10-$100. I don't drink, I go out shopping so it all depends on what I find.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
I usually only drink around 2-3 beers (of course, problem is, good beer, such as imported micro-brewery stuff is really expensive) and get something to eat, so about the equivalent of ?30-40. Thankfully, I don't go out drinking very often.

Scully

Aug 8, 2009
maybe £13 if I'm feeling generous to my friends, i tend to spend maybe a tenner at the start of the night and make the drink following that last a lot longer

Emilox The Great

May 26, 2010
i don't go out much, i might run into people... +2 cookies for anyone who gets the reference.

and im not old enough to legally drink...

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Generally not more than $20-30 USD.

But a couple weeks ago, I dropped $50 in cash, then opened a tab, and somehow managed to rack up another $60. So, $110 or so that night. Most I've ever dropped in a single night. And I wasn't alone in this spending spree. We drank well that night!!!

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
Usually around 10£ - that'll get me 8 litres of cheap beer. It usually suffices.

If I haven't got that kind of cash I spend little more than 5£. There is this supermarket in Denmark that sell shitty red wine dirt cheap. It tastes like bile, gives you purple lips and sometimes a very nasty hangover too, but when the cash doesn't suffice for anything else, it's good enough.

And when I have no money to drink for at all, i get drunk in other people's booze, freeloader-style. Of course, that's only possible around some people, but hey, nothing beats free.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Here is a secret, pregame. Get a few shots in you before you go to the bars. Then have a drink or two and your set.

I generally pregame then have like 2-3 drinks at the actual bars. Then of course I need something to eat later on so another 10 bucks for that. Maybe 20 bucks for a night out.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I go out maybe once a week, either with friends or with womens, but it's usually around $70-100 USD.