Poll: How often do you think about Death?

Joey Wonton

Jun 12, 2011
I do think about death a lot when killing people in games.
I try to imagine characters last images and thoughts when I do whatever. It's...odd.

It doesn't feel depressing but it feels like it should be.

For this reason I always prefer a sneak kill, where the victim never knows what's happened.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
I think about death quite often. I'm the sort of person who sits around contemplating why, if you play the sound file for the zombie head crabs in halflife 2 backwards, they say, "help god oh god help," so of course I think of death a lot. I think of the reason for death, how to prepare for death, mortality, the loss of family, and a shitload of other things. I'm a man of thought. I'm way too much of a coward to be a man of action. Also, I pace while I think. That pisses off my twin sister, and is therefore worth it.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
More than I would like to that's for sure. I hate thinking about my death, and in games, I sometimes think of all the NPC's I have to murder to complete a mission in a RPG game, like if they had a family, and what would they think about me.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oh occasionally, especially when I read something that sparks that line of thinking.

Who will I meet? What will it be like? Will it be painless? Will there be pie or cake?

These questions need answering!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Only when I get into my "What's the worse that could hapen?" scenarios.

So fairly often. I tend to over think things.

gabmed

Dec 11, 2009
Mommy and Daddy told me that Grandpa and Grandma went on a very long trip, so I haven't experienced death yet. And I probably won't. Ever.

Except when I put a Colt .45 inbetween someone's eyes. THEN there's a chance they might die...

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Define "death". Death as in death itself and the possibility of an afterlife, Death as in when you might die, Death as in how you might die or Death as in suicide?

I think about all four every now and then. I find death fascinating. It's mankind's last adventure, into the darkness of oblivion and eternity ...

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I used to think about it often and be paranoid of death... But now? I actually haven't thought of it for months until I saw this topic.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
occasionally, but in a not morbid, or depressing way.

my mind makes absolutely no sense and sleeping pills don't help.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
SilentCom said:
Pretty simple question, how often do you think about death and what reasons do you have?
Well, I never said it was MY death I was thinking about.

Rusty pumpkin

Sep 25, 2009
Odd question. Uh, think about it alot more than a teen probably should, but I'm freakin paranoid of everything ending in the worst possible way. Plane rides are fun!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
eh.. I don't think about it too much. I don't really care to be honest :p

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Not too often anymore; I went through all my existential crises and profound contemplation of reality a few years ago and pretty much figured it out; not in the sense that I have solutions, but in that I know what I believe and how I feel about it and what is important. Death is something you can't do anything about, so why worry? What happens will happen.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
What I find more interesting is the concept that we could be the last mortal generation. my children might be immortal. Is that not crazy?

On topic: No, I don't think about death much, there is too much life to think about.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
Everyday as it seems to relate to everything else I do in one way or another. I try to avoid thinking about it when I'm depressed though.