Poll: How often do you watch Zero Punctuation these days? Granted it's past it's prime....

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I came to The Escapist for Zero Punctuation quite some time ago, and I still watch each one within a few days of it coming out. I used to wait religiously for each one to be released, but I haven't done that for something on The Escapist for a long time.

One of the only reasons I still keep coming here is a Forum RP I'm part of which has been going for over 3 years now. Between that, Zero Punctuation, and occasionally checking Critical Miss that's all I do nowadays.

I remember a few years ago when The Escapist was a bustling hub of genuinely excellent content. Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits, Miracle of Sound, The Big Picture, and Escape to the Movies were all shows I regularly came to watch. The benefit of having so many good shows was their presenters could collaborate on columns and help each other out, it was fantastic. Then there was that thing with Extra Credits, then The Jimquisition came in and all was good again. I especially liked the Rhymedown Spectacular with Jim and Yahtzee, that was an ace example of different content creators collaborating.

Each person had a show or two, each show came with a column, sometimes they interacted with each other. The Escapist was like a bustling theme park with a number of signature rides, there was new stuff every day. Unfortunately one by one many of the content creators have moved away for one reason or another. Gav, Bob, and Jim have all gone and taken their shows with them. Now The Escapist feels like the aforementioned theme park but with most of the big rides gone and not really replaced, but the faithful old Big Dipper is still around and still draws the crowds, even if they don't come in quite a number as they did before.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I watch them as they're release but honestly I prefer Yahtzee's youtube videos to his ZP videos at this point. I prefer a larger dose of Yahtz but still enjoy the quick doses.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I used to watch it every week as soon as it came out. I haven't done so in probably about a year. It's not because I hate ZP, I just lost interest. With no disrespect to the content creators on the site, the only thing I do on the Escapist is post on the forums. As for ZP's quality, I never found it really lacking in the last episodes I watched before I stopped watching it altogether.

Though I watched his Splatoon review, and I found it to be a fun video. Splatoon is one of the few games I've gotten this year, and since I'm really into it, I wanted to find as many opinions on the game as possible. I figured it would be fun to see what Yatzee thought of the game since it's a big new IP from Nintendo, and he constantly kept asking them to make one.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
With respect, BC, this site SLOGS like hell on Wednesdays. It's not amazing that Zero Punctuation draws people in. It's as regular as clockwork. I think that Yahtzee's only past his prime when this stops occurring. And when that happens, you'll know it, because it will directly affect the Escapist's revenue in a big way.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Still watch it every Wednesday. It's the only series (along with Judging by the Cover) that I keep up with here these days since everything else left :/

I very rarely laugh out loud at them any more but they're still amusing.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I came here due to be introduced to ZP but signed up so I could post in the forums. I still watch ZP every week but not always as soon as it's released (funnily enough I watch the latest ZP right before checking the forums and seeing this). I still enjoy it but not as much as I used to.

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
I've probably watched all the episodes, but now it's just for something to watch when I'm bored. The magic of the thing's really gone for me and he really seems like he's trying too hard to hate things now.

I think you'd be hard pressed to see it as a real review show any more and personally I feel that spot has been taken by some other people in the field.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I watch them when they come out, but I don't rush to any more. It wouldn't be interesting enough to bring me to the site on its own, since there's a lot of other stuff I watch now.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Voted 2. I still catch it every week among the list of content creators around the internetz that I keep up with regularly, and I don't feel he's ever lost his edge.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I recently watched the Godzilla episode, which is the only episode I've watched in about a year. Just because I knew he would tear it a new one. I didn't leave disappointed.

Anyway, I came for ZP. I watched it regularly for about three years then just stopped.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Somewhere between 2 and 3. I watch every episode, usually every week, but sometimes I miss one or two and watch them the next time I catch an ep, never more than a week or two late.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I did come here because of ZP, but that was when things were still fresh and new. Several years later things feel very much like Simpsons, I'm not exactly sure if it's me or the show but the interest just isn't there.

The magic of this relationship has fizzled out.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
ZP is still as fun as ever. i never miss an episode and wednesdays just don't feel right unless i get to watch a new episode at noon

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Watch it as soon as its released, I just think im in that habit now as ive been watching his videos since she started here. Though they dont make me laugh or anything anymore. Guess im used to his shtick. His other show is pretty crap.