Poll: How tall are you?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
As an Asian, I am actually pretty tall. 5 feet and 10 inches at 16 years old, and (hopefully) still growing. I read an article once that said my height is for the average American male. But from time to time, I see some motherfucking Caucasian Godzillas walking around. I swear this one guy had to be at least 7 and a half feet. So, I thought I would rate my height against the Escapist users.

Tell me if the options are too hard to understand, they look a bit weird to me.

EDIT: I was pretty sure that the poll values changed, but when I checked again the values reverted back to the original wrong ones. It's easy enough to understand though, right?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm 5'7" without shoesies.

It can be a sucky height sometimes because dresses and skirts can look quite short on me and I'm not tall enough for the tall section.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Six feet, from the island nation of Kumanawanaleia.

No...I am 6' exactly though. Quite tall for an avatar. Internet avatar, not the blue kind.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'm between a very fine line of 5'11" and 6'. Depending on the time I measure. It's usually just easier to call myself 6'. Adding dem inches in there is a lot of work.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
5'6"

Which is rather disappointing, because both of my parents are six feet tall, and so is one of my sisters. I had hoped to be a super tall lady, but alas, it did not happen.

Toejam

Mar 21, 2014
6'2" Not sure exactly how I measure up (UK) but i'm used for reaching high things by others. lol

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
5' 9'', pretty much the average height for a British man, though that includes older folk who are shorter on average so I'm slightly below the mean for this generation. Still taller than both my parents and all four grandparents, we're a short family.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
ZiggyE said:
185 cms.

I don't know what that is in Ameriunits.
According to a converter I found, that's roughly 6'.

OT: Last time I measured my height, I was about 171 cm, which translates to about 5'7''.

It was 4 years ago and I was 16, so I might've grown a little bit since, but I assume I'm around that height now also.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I'm 5'10''-ish but I didn't see that option. Extra height because of Klinefelter. It really sucks because both height and limbs are long, but you don't have the body type to fill out properly various outfits. A lot of things look way too short, and I can't really do full sleeve outfits given long arms. It's an awkward body shape.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
About 167cm. Dunno what it is in feet.
There's nothing like that extra thing to hammer in the fact that you're short, when even your little sister is taller than you.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Tayh said:
There's nothing like that extra thing to hammer in the fact that you're short, when even your little sister is taller than you.
Don't feel too bad, I met a girl who was 6' and she was 12... That was not the age I expected to go with that height.

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
About 183cm. Bigger than most of my relatives, in terms of height and build. I am tall enough to dunk a basketball on a good day, and short enough to consider that an achievement.

ZiggyE said:
185 cms.

I don't know what that is in Ameriunits.
Just shy of 6'1".

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
5'9. I'm taller when compared to most older generation to me althought in High School I was short when compared to the other pupils of the same ages as me especially my formers friends (they were all 6 foot something).

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
I'm about 167 cm tall so that'd be like.... 5'5'' or so?
I reached my current height when I was twelve so back then I must have looked like a giant to my classmates (especially taking into account that I'm a girl)
But then the hormonal problems kicked in and stopped growing altogether.
:(

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
5'9". I've been told that's the average yet I consistently find myself shorter than everyone else in the room. I'm precisely the same height as my sister and we have the exact same size hand.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
A million feet tall.

...I'm actually 5'5", which is in the range of 165-170 cm, I believe. 5'6" on a good day.