Poll: How to please everyone and stop wars. It may work.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I say we crush all opposition once and for all and unite mankind under the UEF banner.
It's time we got rid of religious zealots as well as transhuman terrorists.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Neonbob said:
You can, but it will be in addition to the shirt.
I like to have fun at work, dammit!

And no.
It is going to be green.
Wear purple shorts.
Hmm... "The Spoon is Mightier Than The Fork"

Oh yes. I'm liking the colour scheme here.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Terramax said:
titanium turtle said:
the only 3 ways to solve all wars and international problems are

1:kill everyone

2:have a super dictator that everone loves and all seperate countries merged together
Me! Pick me!

...another thing worth thinking about is, even though we all have different political ideologies, it's amazing how many would drop them in turn for wealth.

If it's found that one segment of this unique world was better off than others, we'd be seeing everyone packing their bags and heading for that segment.

Fronken said:
One thing did strike me as peculiar, the fact that you dont count scandinavia and the UK as Europe, let me guess that you are an american...?
I'm from the UK and I didn't even notice that >.<

Thing is, I'm not sure if the UK considers itself part of Europe anymore... or even whether Europe wants us.
UK is still a part of Europe, and so is Scandinavia ^^

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Woah, woah, woah. The UK would NOT work as a monarchy. We spent the last 200 years subtly nudging them out of our political system, why would we re-endorse them now?

Well, there are flaws there. you see, the problem is, most political ideologies have their own ideologist enemy, if you will, like capitalism V communism. Don't believe me? jump back to the 50s, and see how anti-communist the US was there. they practically talked about them like they were a lesser race, as if they wanted to infiltrate their society and steal their babies. In real life, it was nothing so sinister. But that didn't matter to America's capitalist society. They were willing to go to war with them over A POLITICAL IDEAL. And, to be totally frank, your idea would sadly fail, because human nature dictates that we haven't the discipline to endure such a radical change.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Fat Man Spoon said:
Neonbob said:
You can, but it will be in addition to the shirt.
I like to have fun at work, dammit!

And no.
It is going to be green.
Wear purple shorts.
Hmm... "The Spoon is Mightier Than The Fork"

Oh yes. I'm liking the colour scheme here.
Mkay then.
We'll have it done by tomorrow!
It takes time for the child laborers to tattoo all the ink in correctly.
And if they mess up...oh boy.

I thought you would!
It's a great scheme.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Flaw: Why would you possibly want to live under a military regime? In SOUTH AMERICA? And if there was no wars, there would be no need for a military anyway...
Vice versa. If there was no military, there would be no need for wars.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
jboking said:
The op seems to have overlooked imperialism. That's all that really needs to be said, in that logic and with the knowledge that all men in power crave more of it, this plain will fail.
Imperialism is more of a political goal than an ideal.

Superhyperactiveman

Jul 23, 2009
Well, ignoring the fact that even if you could do this, it wouldn't work, you couldn't even get that far, because I guarantee you that no country's leader would be willing to give up control on their piece of dirt for you to do it.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Neonbob said:
Mkay then.

I thought you would!
It's a great scheme.
By the way, where is our base?

CymTyr

Mar 22, 2009
notsosavagemessiah said:
This could never work, because you're assuming that people want these things. Truth is, everybody with a political opinion wants everybody to be like them, they may respect their opinions, but they secretly want them to change it. You're also assuming that the people who live in these divided states want to live in a world as you described. The bottom line, you can't make everybody happy all the time. You try to, and you will fail. The only way for humanity to truly unite, is for people, nations even, to learn to swallow their goddamned pride and compromise with others. Only through initial compromise can other ideas be expressed to nations who don't necessarily want to hear or practice those ideas. The only way for our species to unite is for us to fundamentally change certain views, and while change always happens, it will only happen when the country or citizens therein are ready. Regardless of how beneficial it may be.
This. QFT. To unite the world you first need to get rid of religion as it stands today, and I don't see that happening any time soon. However there is a trend in the States where an increasing number of people are considering themselves "spiritual" instead of "religious"
so it's a step in the right direction.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Fat Man Spoon said:
Neonbob said:
Mkay then.

I thought you would!
It's a great scheme.
By the way, where is our base?
Can you smell death?
Follow that for a year and a half.
You'll get there eventually.
And the trek will be worthwhile.
I promise.

Aug 17, 2009
There are too many things wrong with this idea to name them all, so I'll just say that human nature would prevent something like this from happening.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
jboking said:
The op seems to have overlooked imperialism. That's all that really needs to be said, in that logic and with the knowledge that all men in power crave more of it, this plain will fail.
Imperialism is more of a political goal than an ideal.
I don't see the need for a distinction. We still reach for our goals, which means we still cause war. Thus his plan still fails.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Mozared said:
Vice versa. If there was no military, there would be no need for wars.
Well, there'd just end up being civilian armies, right?

Something from the end of 'Enemy at the Gates' springs to mind. One of the characters mentions something among the lines of "Our ideology was to make all men equal, but no matter how equal men become, he will always want what their neighbours have that they have not, hence there will always be wars."

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
This is a terrible idea. I'm sorry but the reason for which you want this system is NOT solved by this system! You have 6 major powers, all of extremely different political ideologies. Some of which are strong interventionists. The asians will refuse to trade with the north americans cause they think they're evil, australians will want to blow the UK up for being a monarchy. Middle eastern guys will hate the rest of the world for being of a different religion!

What you're essentially doing is worsening the situation, in a mixed society you have people of different views everywhere. But in a segregated society like that you're promoting differences and self righteousness ( Everyone will think their ideas are the best because everywhere they look people agree with them! )

So your idea doesn't solve anything, it even makes things worse.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Greyfox105 said:
Or you could just crush everyone under the heel of oppression.
and make a single, united planet. instead of what we pretty much already have.
With a benevolent dictator. Keep the people supressed, but allow them privacy and try to improve their living conditions to the best you can. And for fucks sake don't name it Oceania.