Poll: How would you react to the Call Of Duty fanchise being cancelled suddenly?

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
It wouldn't really bother me deeply as there is hardly a lack of FPS games at this moment in time. Should they go away for a few years and let the FPS wave recede from this high water mark it seems to be at and then returned, I think that might increase interest in the series overall. It isn't that the series is particularly bad, per se, it's just "more of the same" right now and has been "more of the same" within its own framework as well.

Professor Putricide

Nov 15, 2009
I'd maybe put on some hot coco, get a light snack, put on a bathrobe, relax in my soft recliner, sip the coco, put my feet up, sit back, open up my labtop, and take great pleasure spending an evening reading the hatred and full-on war that would explode upon the internet about the entire thing.

Ohhhh I can only imagine...

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
I'd be fine.
I do not really play call of duty since i am a pretty strictly single player type of guy. Cod has a high basis on multiplayer, or atleast it seems so with the ten minute storyline.
However, this being said. i do not hate the game nor series. Thats obnoixous. Just because i do not like it. Just because it's repetitive in engine with a new side of paint. I don't hate it. It has a working and fun formula which has attracted many people. I don't hate things because people i hate like them, again obnoixous. So, if it was cancelled. I would be mostly unaffected. However, i wouldn't have a party over it's corpse or anything. Simply, move on like a mature human being.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
I really did love CoD 1, 2 and 4, I even gave MW3 a chance when I heard dedicated servers were back. But the series has been dead to me for a the last 3 years.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Been playing the series since day 1 of the first game. I'd continue playing the older titles, and nothing would really change.

The cool kids would have to find something new to illogically hate, though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'd be laughing as my brother goes clinically insane seeing as how he no longer has a distraction from his obnoxious kids. :p

Seriously..."You mean to tell me they've stopped making the same shooter they've been making for 5 years now? But...but...but.....I NEED NEW KILLSTREAKS! :( "

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I'd wonder who put the gun to the Activision executives' head and threatened the lives of their families and whether or not the person is going to jail.

Because that is the only way COD is getting cancelled.