Poll: I need some opinions on the Blizzard Community.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Mezahmay said:
My experience with the Heroes of the Storm alpha has been much much better than the standard MOBA community. There are some toxic players but the majority of my matches have been really well rounded. Don't know if it is just due to the alpha being a small community or if Blizzard has fostered a generally accepting community with its games.
If I had to guess, I'd wager it's because it's in alpha more than Blizzard fostering an accepting community. I have no doubt Blizzard is doing something to keep the community's bad apples in control, but it's also keeping a relatively small, dedicated community in line instead of an open to the public community where everyone and their dog are running around being silly.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I'd call the community a mixed bag, based on experiences with StarCraft, Diablo 2, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, and World of WarCraft.

There's a lot of genuinely kind and helpful people. I've met a bunch of people that these days I consider good friends, even outside of the games. I also find that people are usually willing to help out.

That said, the games do have their fair share of trolls (see: WoW trade channel) and elitist pricks who won't even give you the time of day if you're a "filthy casual"/missing a certain achievement/not suitable geared to their liking/etc. In my experience though it's generally their forums that are more toxic than the games themselves.

On the upside, I haven't seen much of the impatience that everyone often cites. I hear all the time about players getting fed up with a party and bailing at the first wipe or if things are going too slow for their liking, yet I rarely ever actually see that. I've also played healers as my main characters ever since vanilla WoW, and I've never personally been a target of the commonly-mentioned healer abuse whenever things go south. That's even including pick-up-groups.