Poll: [If] England and America just went to war...

Cat Cloud

Aug 12, 2010
US: peanut butter
England/UK/Britian: better tv shows

This will be a tough descision. As an American, I might have to go with Britian. Afterall, my cat is a Cornish Rex and Cornwall happens to be in England. I mean, either way most of the world's population will be wiped out due to nukes. It's a decicion on how you want to live the last of your days and for how many or few more you want to live for.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I support the US because I'm in favor of not getting blown up. I doubt if Orange CA is really the first target of the bombs but I still don't want to see LA blown up.

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
To my understanding if the war happened then the 14 (I think) oversea territories of Britain would have to get involved as their "armies" are part of the British anyway (as in they only have armies because the Brits hold bases there) so they'd have to help or be left unguarded themselves. That's not me saying it evens out the numbers but it all adds up and I'm sure the Brits would pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq leaving the Yanks to sort out their own problem.

It also depends on who has taken charge, if one country is invading another or if they are just meeting in one spot and duking it out.

The Yanks would probably take it by sheer numbers, in theory, but that didn't work in Vietnam so no guarantee it would here, either way the Brits wouldn't make it easy.

I'm Irish so if I could see the Brits take a pounding I'm sure "my" people would let it slide, I on the other hand wouldn't be bothered as it'd make for some exciting TV.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
As a Brit, ofcourse I'd support Britain. And everyone who's saying that we wouldn't stand a chance, we have some very strong allies in Europe and across the world. If we were being serious, America wouldn't attack us because 1. We're allies and 2. We're a nuclear power.

Largest Military =/= Best Military.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Well New Zealand is still a colony so we will of course side with Brittan and this fight might not as clear cut as you might think. Brittan has a lot of allies that would throw in with them when the shit hits the fan.

Looking at how badly stretched the U.S. forces are in Iraq I can't really see America winning a major war with any country that has a modern military. At least not with their current state of readiness.Good soldiers died in that sandy shit hole because the armed forces couldn't afford to replace their gear.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/03/military_gates_appropriations_070329w/

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Well to me that's a choice between local little Britain and distant Big Britain. I dislike both, although I dislike Britain less than the US.I guess I'd prefer that Britain won, but I would think that the US would win, and thus try to exploit that if I could in any way.

I'm Danish if that adds anything. (Revenge for the bombardment of Copenhagen, gunboat war and the state bankruptcy of 1813 I suppose).

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
Yosato said:
SketchyFK said:
Yosato said:
As a British person I don't want to see England nuked to hell, so I'll be on the side of my country :)
Being "British" is a hard one to justify. I'm Scottish and... well... I'm somewhat shocked to say it but im going to agree with u on this one. I don't want nuke damage near me.

On the other hand I can imagine many Welsh, Irish and other Scots would happily help America give England their "Just Deserts" as long as nukes were off the menu.
I should really have clarified - I'm English and live in England, I just use the term 'British' since many Americans and other nations don't distinguish between the two. That being said I had no idea there was such bad blood between the different countries in the isles: it amazes me to hear that people who live within a hundred miles of us can resent us so much O.O Guess I'm just completely ignorant to culture and politics xD
I don't really have anything against the English personally but racism towards them is really strong up here (and even more so in Ireland). You will always here people saying about when a Scottish sports person is winning they are considered "British" by the English but "Just Scottish" if he's loosing.

On the oppisite side of things tho, my brother recently went down to Hull (for any1 not knowing of the UK its in England) and he said that he's never felt more unwelcome there. The racism THERE is even worse.

It sucks that people can be so petty.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
SketchyFK said:
I don't really have anything against the English personally but racism towards them is really strong up here (and even more so in Ireland). You will always here people saying about when a Scottish sports person is winning they are considered "British" by the English but "Just Scottish" if he's loosing.

On the oppisite side of things tho, my brother recently went down to Hull (for any1 not knowing of the UK its in England) and he said that he's never felt more unwelcome there. The racism THERE is even worse.

It sucks that people can be so petty.
Your brother has visited Hull on earth (a play on words of hell on earth, obviously)
The local council pours all their money into the university, meaning it isn't actually too bad, but the rest of the city has an awful reputation. I'd like to apologise for your brothers experience.

I'm going to uni in Scotland this September (Stirling), and I have nothing against the Scottish, but I know many people that do enjoy sidelining them as you have mentioned. Personally, I take it as a compliment when people call Scottish British. It raises the average number of people with sexy accents ;)

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
Well thing is this:

If America went to war with Britain (I'm British) then the british allies from the commonwealth and europe would have to wage war as well.

Now with all those nukes flyin around the survivors would face a post apocalyptic wasteland where they would have to surviv each day while being hunted by the mutated monsters only known as.......

THE CRAB PEOPLE!

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
If it came to nukes, both would loose.
If both fought using pure conventional means, and the UK and its Common wealth would have no support from the rest of the European Allies it would loose eventually.
If the EU did support the UK a long and costly stalemate would occur.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Holland will be neutral, we're notoriously neutral, I think only the Swiss are more neutral.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Warforger said:
dex-dex said:
Warforger said:
dex-dex said:
well Canada is part of the commonwalth country so I am assuming that we would side with england.
Alot of nations are like Pakistan or former member-Mozambique doesn't mean they're going to do anything.
true
actually when I really think about it yeah we would become neutral like Switzerland!
also note I spelt commonwealth wrong. crap!
Yah the way you spelt it like Commonwaffles.
commonwaffles would be this

and then I would EAT HIM!!!
MUHAHAHAHAHA

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I'm not really sure how England would go to war with America without Wales, Ireland and Scotland supporting them in the fight.

I personally wouldn't support either side, however.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
I'm English but isn't very clear cut. What's the motivation?

Are we being invaded by America because...
They want our oh so valuable land?
They want revenge against us for the original colonisation?
We suddenly become a terrorist nation?
We suddenly become a fascist nation?
They have an issue with our leadership?

Have to say the last one is the only one I'd side with America for, anything to remove Cameron.

We are also potentially backed up by,
India - Nuclear Power, former colony
Australia - former prison/colony
Canada - Nuclear Power, former colony
France - Our bestest buddy after America
Scotland - Fellow constituent country
Northern Ireland - Fellow constituent country
Wales - Fellow constituent country
Germany - Nuclear Power, fellow EU country, Has economic and industrial regeneration abilities of Deadpool
Potentially the rest of the EU
Potentially Russia and China (attempting an opportunist attack against the US)

We also have nukes in the North Sea that launch if they lose contact with 10 Downing Street (or the HoP, can't remember), the SAS(The modern special forces blueprint) and the most dangerous weapon of all, dry humour.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Speaking as a Brit - Note, BRITAIN*, god damn it you ignoramuses (for that matter, it would surely be the United States*, not "America"?) - if this kicked off, I'd be on my motorcycle without even stopping to gear up (just grab wallet and passport, and empty my bank account into euros at the first opportunity) and join the race to the southeast coast. I'd ride that mother through the chunnel service tube to safety...

I mean, I'd be on my country's side, and we're always the plucky underdogs, but there has to come a time when you admit that you're screwed. They'd steamroller us. Though we could always try to lead them a merry dance through the smaller villages until all their Hummers got wedged between houses.

* Though it could theoretically turn out that the whole of the Americas had beef with England specifically, and the other three nations just backed off, washed their hands... made nachos and dip and settled back perfectly happily to watch the sassenachs get whupped.

Thisissnake: it's a thought exercise. Forget the hows and whys and just answer the question :)