Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
It's as simple as the title really. Sadly since there aren't 200+ poll options, I've just given you a selection of what I thought might be likely answers and you're free to choose anything you want for actual posts. Also please no smart-ass "none, because He doesn't exist" replies as for this question we're assuming that God does indeed exist. I'm aware that some of the poll options contain several nationalities together or one split into two, just thought it would be easier with those. The funnier or more original your reasons your choice, the better.

Personally, I think God would be an Englishman as that explains why Jesus is often depicted as fair even though He lived in a Middle-Eastern country and also why the Bible is written in English and lots of people in it have English names. It would also explain why the Holy Grail was hidden in England and why the only real non-heretical Church (as opposed to those Catholics, Bapists, Mormons, Medothists, Communists, Christians-who-like-to-wear-hats etc), the Church of England, is based in England! Why else would God give the Monarch of the UK the divine right to head His Church if he wasn't English Himself?

Edit: Yay, 3000+ posts!

Edit2: Yes, I'm aware that the Bible wasn't really written first in English, you guys who picked up on that really need to get your humour-detecters checked if you didn't realise that the entire second paragraph isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I'm not even considering voting or answering unless there is an option "French".

Not particularly because I like France but because of the saying. Quaxar out.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Oh, god, this is just a horrible idea.

If there is some form of god, he wouldn't be a race. He wouldn't even be human.

Still, horrible, horrible idea. Impending un(?)intentional racism in 3... 2... 1...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Earth. That's like a nationality on a Universal plane. Of course, that would mean God is only God of this world. To do this right we'd have to define God, and I'm tired.
Why is there no Europe option??

JimbobDa3rd

Sep 21, 2008
Almost fell for it... clever troll but you overplayed your hand in the second paragraph.
(Dear mods I realise even responding to this probably puts me in line for a 3 day forum ban (or worse its been awhile since Ive fully read the posting rules) and as long as this guy gets the ban aswell I will happily serve my sentence)

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
God is obviously a member of the Dinosaur Empire. That's why everything is so fucked up, he's preparing for their return.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Abrahamic God is literally described as a light that makes you feel at peace, happy and forgetting all abandonment.

So... really pale? I mean it is giving off blinding light.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I would've have said middle easten but it'll be meteors of RPG if it was ture.so I'm goning with none,A diffrent nation who like peace.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Err... you know the Bible wasn't first written in English, right? And I wouldn't really recommend making a distinction between black and white Americans.

Dango said:
I'd imagine he'd be very, very British.
Nonsense - he's far too flamboyant and narcissistic to be one us. Creating everything in 7 days? I doubt he even filled out the necessary paperwork in that time, let alone queued properly.

GeorgW said:
Earth. That's like a nationality on a Universal plane. Of course, that would mean God is only God of this world. To do this right we'd have to define God, and I'm tired.
Why is there no Europe option??
Because Europe isn't a nation? I know he's rather... lax, on what he considers a nationality, but he does say nationality.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
First, those are ethnicities. Second, any god worth believing in that was an anthropomorphic personification, with readily identifiable traits, would not be considered a god.

Also, obvious troll is obvious, and troll begets troll.