Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

rabidkanid

Mar 26, 2008
God would probably undo the universe before aligning with any one nationality and it's petty trivial concerns.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Which God?

The Christian God is an Israeli, the Hindu pantheon are Indian, and so on...

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Where is the "All of the Above" or "None of the Above" options? I think he'd go for one of those.

Thinking about christian biblical history for a bit, Jesus was the same nationality and ethnicity of everyone who both hated and praised him. Every where he went (and he did travel a lot) he was a legal citizen. I think God, if contained in a mortal form, would be similar. After all, it is written that all of humanity was created in his image (according to Christianity anyway. Some other religions refer to him as the formless, endless spiritual ocean)

ArcaneFyre

Mar 11, 2010
I find the fact that white people say that God or Jesus is white is extremely arrogant. It's obvious that if Christ was a real man, he would be Arab, simple as that. He's only seen as a white man because of blatant propaganda from the white Christian majority for hundreds of years. This is simple history people, it's not hard to figure out.

And for the record, I don't believe in a God. I think sweating over the skin color of a fairy tale is a bit of a waste of time.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
It's as simple as the title really. Sadly since there aren't 200+ poll options, I've just given you a selection of what I thought might be likely answers
Firstly, great OP.

Ok secondly the top three are impossible, White American, African American and English are all nations created by man, well after the development of God. No offence, they are impossible.

EDIT: Same goes for all other poll options, based on my (following) theory. In my mind, God could not possibly be anything other than an African woman, possibly man (well deity woman/man anyway). Perhaps even Mother Nature is a more fitting description of what I speak of, but I would also like to think God and MN are one in the same.

As I see it, there is only one logical answer. God is an African female. No, it's not 'far out' she/he certainly isn't White, unless God can transform, but we're assuming he can't.

Anyway. All human life on earth, can be traced back to Africa, its logcal then that if a divine entity of sorts were too exist, that entity (making the second assumption that we're in God's image, hence humans started out all with dark skin, like God), would appear African.

Just my educated opinion, when it comes to God though, mines as good as anyone elses. As in useless :).

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Is amorphous light a race?

God has no definite physical form and God doesn't have a gender.

Gavmando

Feb 3, 2009
He'd be Australian. He did a good job the first time round. And then when everyone else came along and started fucking it up, he was too lazy to fix it.

JoJoDeathunter said:
Edit2: Yes, I'm aware that the Bible wasn't really written first in English, you guys who picked up on that really need to get your humour-detecters checked if you didn't realise that the entire second paragraph isn't meant to be taken seriously.
The bible wasnt written in English. It was written in American...

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
Surely a deity is beyond nationality. If not, he'd be middle eastern, as that's where the religion originated (assuming we're talking about christianity). Weirdly enough, he'd probably be jewish too. Christianity started as a jewish sect. Jesus may well be depicted as white or whatever, but that has bugger all to do with fact or historical evidence. It's simply whitewashing by western christians.

Jedisolo75

Aug 12, 2009
Mine of course. You others only think differently because you are simple foreigners. I truly pity your ignorance.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
well since most the first group of and also most well known, and most prevalent religions (ie the big 3 Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) of today originated in the middle East that sounds like the most logical answer. But thats rationality's pick.....if I had to give an out of the box answer i'd say he's irish. why you may be...but probably aren't really asking? Purely because of their 'supposed' reputation for being the folks who invented/perfected whiskey/hard liquor and after that still managed to get any shit accomplished.....I mean just look at everything in nature/the universe/the human body.....only an Irish God could come up with all that shit andsome how manage to make it all work so harmoniously.....and then create humans to go and fuck it all up

ChillzMaster

Mar 23, 2011
God is the moon-race. Because HE talks LIKE this WITH a MOON accent BECAUSE he IS from THE moon AND has A moon ACCENT.

-Chillz (Anybody who gets the reference gets 200 points)

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
If we take science with it, people originated from Africa, and people were black.
He created us (or so it's said) in his image, so therefor he's black.
Can't argue with science.
You might state that religion does argue with science, well, IMO they don't make a dent in the flaw-expelling wall of science. it keeps getting improved while religion stagnates.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
God is every race, at the same time. Don't ask me how, or what he looks like. He just is because he's God.

Actually, now that I think about it, it'd be more logical that he'd be from Africa or the Middle East. I've heard that Africa is where humanity originated and he created man in his image, and the Middle East is where Christianity started. I just think it's funnier to have God be from everywhere, all at the same time. How does he do it? Maybe he's like a hive-mind of people from different nationalities. I really don't know.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
If it's the Christian god we're talking about, it doesn't matter. All that matters in that religion is blind faith. They'd all follow him regardless of his race. That is assuming he even has one. And considering that he isn't necessarily a male, it doesn't seem unlikely for him to have ambiguous race as well.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Israeli Jewish. Barring that I'd say Swiss. Maybe black. Figuring he can be what he wants when he wants, kinda goes with the whole omnipotent thing.