Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
probably middle-eastern. most of the people in that general area have the same psychotic views as the god in the bible does.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I know he would look like us (created in his won image and whatnot) but I don't think he would look like any one nationality. If we are all created in his image doesn't that mean that he is either every nationality or none of them?

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
ArcaneFyre said:
And for the record, I don't believe in a God. I think sweating over the skin color of a fairy tale is a bit of a waste of time.
Tell that to Tolkien.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
ArcaneFyre said:
I find the fact that white people say that God or Jesus is white is extremely arrogant. It's obvious that if Christ was a real man, he would be Arab, simple as that.
Arab ∈ Semetic.
Semetic != Arab.

I like how there's a Black American option but no African option. Despite, you know, Africa being the origin of humanity and everything.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
I was severely disappointed when the poll options were more ethnicities than nationalities. That said, my answer is as follows:

Given the fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that a god exists that interferes in the universe on a regular basis in any meaningful way (no, the uncertainty principle of quantum physics does NOT count), we can apply Occam's Razor and assume that that type of god does not exist. Formulating a response to this topic requires me to work under the assumption that some type of god exists, so for our purposes here, I am forced to conclude that God created the universe and then left it to its own devices. With that picture, I think the best answer (other than "none, because God shouldn't take sides") would be Switzerland, because they have never become involved in any wars (or at least, that's what they're known for).
OmniscientOstrich said:
Swiss, since God clearly doesn't give enough of a shit about what's occurring in the world to take any sort of action.
Drat, ninja'd. Well, sort of.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
None, it would be whatever that who is viewing him is or wanted him to be with no set form and thats only if it was real.

Freethinker101

Sep 19, 2010
Well IF god existed he wouldn't be anything, he would a metaphoric cloud of energy that has the ability to create random items out of the masses of items around him, but of course this is all in theory. Simply labeling him to one nationality seems a little vague, rather racist in a way and is unfair towards other nations, and their beliefs. Looking at history he would be Middle-Eastern, but I still go with my ideas...

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
EverythingIncredible said:
Russian. Without a doubt.

Why? Because he's bad ass like that.
TBH: I'd really like to hear how God sounds in Russian.

OT: I'd say Smurf....I have no idea why. I also want to see a smurf colored person...

OT P.S: Argonian.

/thread

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
God is a black American named Morgan Freeman. I don't know why we are voting on this at all.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
'God' is basically an Abrahamic invention, and the Middle-East is the birthplace of Abrahamic faith.

So I'd say Middle-Eastern.

Lavi

Sep 20, 2008
Since you capitalized the word, 'god', I assume you are talking about Hashem. Since we are all obviously aware that Hashem has no corporal form and therefore the question is completely ridiculous, I will answer with the obvious hypothetical answer of Israeli.