Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
African.

This is assuming the assumption that human origin lies in africa. I'm pretty sure I've read that it does but I afraid I trust very little of my knowledge thanks to the internet.

But anyway, my assumption would be that if we were to have a deity it would hail from the birthplace of our species.

blaize2010

Sep 17, 2010
Antartican. Antarticanese? personally, i don't believe in the christian god, but when i was small i always imagined him as a blinding bright light, so bright you can never make out his real shape, but it's a light as pure as he is supposed to be. i know we are supposed to have been made in his image, you can thank my druidic/neopagan aunt for telling me that the sun and the moon were gods at a young age.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Personally I always thought it was kind of silly to look at God as having any sort of nationality, our planet Earth and all of the nations that occupy it are so tiny and insignificant in the vastness of the cosmos that they might as well be a speck of dust or an ant by comparison. God as we conceive Him to be, an omnipotent being, wouldn't be so measly confined to a single country.

Though if I had to choose I would want God to be in my country, America. Our country was founded upon Christian/monotheistic morals and ideals and therefore God should be right at home in a place like this. Though we may be a little overzealous in how some American citizens showcase their faith.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Of course Black. Everybody knows God is Morgan Freeman. With a voice like that, how can you not be all powerful?

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well presuming the god of the bible exists (it doesn't but give the OP a second here) i would see him as coming off as German Russian or middle eastern since those are the 3 big groups of really evil people at the moment and the god of the bible is (from all i have seen and read about it (its not really since it doesn't exist but imagine for a second it does)) a really evil bastard

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
The imaginary friend labelled 'God' wouldn't look like any race or nationality known to mankind. If she existed at all. Jesus, however, if he existed, was clearly Middle Eastern. Only a fool would think he was white, given his origins.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
When I think of god, I think the voice of either Morgan Freeman, or Micheal Clarke Duncan (that huge dude from The Green Mile) Epic, godly, powerful voices.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
Angerwing said:
'God' is basically an Abrahamic invention, and the Middle-East is the birthplace of Abrahamic faith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Still Middle-Eastern, though.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Im guessing everyone of them and he appeals to us through our eyes as we want him to, for me a Australian/ British man with a cork hat on and we go and have fun, im guessing that he is everything we would want for a god.

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
Because "Black American" and "White American" are different nationalities... I could agree to a South- and North-American divide, but what you have right there is actually kinda racist.

And if we're talking the Christian god, he was allegedly born in Bethlehem. So by that measure, god would be of the nationality of whatever country that currently claims to own that area by shooting at everyone else that tries to make that same claim. I'm sure god would approve of their actions.