Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Well if we really were made in his image, I imagine he'd be some kind of native African.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
I am consistently confused on why exactly a being that supposedly has an entire universe to attend to on a daily basis would give a fuck about being arbitrarily shoehorned into becoming part of a particular nationality of an arbitrary nation on one of the smallest planets in our galaxy that just happens to support life due to varying factors that have worked in our favor for billions of years (which really, isn't that long in terms of the universe itself)..

..Also, why is this just restricted to the Judeo Christian concept of a deity? It is hardly the most convincing of concepts, despite what Christians would attempt to argue otherwise (for obvious reasons, of course, but still).

May 20, 2009
oktalist said:
Aw, why no love for the East Asian God? Buddhism is the best irrational belief system out there!

But, if God created humans in his image, then he must be black African. Which was not an option in the poll :(
God's true physical image can't be perceived by human eyes right? Maybe there's an error in translation in the bible and what was meant was that he raised/reared humans to his image as in how parents do to their children. A child's first influence in their personality and habits comes from the parents or the ones raising them. Also in a Latin language like Portuguese the verb "criar" can be used in the sense of "raising a child" but can also have the meaning of the verb "to create" which is the more literal translation. The Bible would make more sense if people didn't swallow everything the Catholic morons in the vatican feed them. They say it's dangerous for us "regular folk" to interpret the Bible. My ass.

Henkie36 said:
Italian, probably. Or Israelian. But to be completely honest, I don't care because I don't believe in God.
Believing in God and in His existence are two completely different things. Watch your semantics. That's how lawyers fuck you over. Just some advice, don't read too much into it.

O.T.: Since it makes no sense that we divide up the planet in nations anyway, He'd probably go neutral and not have one.

my_nemesis12

Jun 5, 2011
Well, from what I've heard about this 'god' dude, he's an arrogant, selfish, holier-than-though guy who calls on his people to commit mass murder in the name of his own cause, messes with the minds of his own people, and punishes heavily for the smallest crimes but condones pretty much anything if it's in his own name. He also had a famous affair with a Jewish woman, but then never called her again.

So that would make him a white American....

..and a president... no, two presidents.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
Personally, I think God would be an Englishman as that explains why Jesus is often depicted as fair even though He lived in a Middle-Eastern country and also why the Bible is written in English and lots of people in it have English names.
Why would an Englishman be fairer than a Middle-Eastern one?

Why did you filled 2 slots in the poll with White American and Black American, when you could've just put American in one slot and put a different nationality in the other?

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
If he existed then he would be no nationality because hes something beyond humans and is therefore a nationality onto himself. Also if he had to be limited to a certain nationality then it would be a race from which humans came from and nearly all humans if not all of them originally sprang from what is modern day ethopia

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
American for Americans, Russian for Russians etc.

Just like man was created for Gods image, and horse was created for horse Gods image.

People just believe whatever they want.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
The OP apparently doesn't know what "nationality" means.

The question is too vague anyway, what god are we talking about here? Because there's tons man have made. Either way, I think god would be from the Lost Island of Atlantis. Get it? :)

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
well based on how he sent jesus I am going to have to go with which ever nation has the most sin.

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
It is said the the son of god, Jesus Christ, was a jew. Judaism originated somewhere in the middle east. Thus God may be and Indian/Middle Easterner

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
llafnwod said:
Angerwing said:
'God' is basically an Abrahamic invention, and the Middle-East is the birthplace of Abrahamic faith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Still Middle-Eastern, though.
That's why I said 'God' and not 'monotheism'. The monotheistic god people think of when someone says "God" is an Abrahamic one. I stand by my statement.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009

Al Murray:3

I hope someone has already posted this or I will be disappoint:(