Poll: If God had a nationality, what would it be?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
ManueleunaM said:
oktalist said:
Aw, why no love for the East Asian God? Buddhism is the best irrational belief system out there!

But, if God created humans in his image, then he must be black African. Which was not an option in the poll :(
God's true physical image can't be perceived by human eyes right? Maybe there's an error in translation in the bible and what was meant was that he raised/reared humans to his image as in how parents do to their children. A child's first influence in their personality and habits comes from the parents or the ones raising them. Also in a Latin language like Portuguese the verb "criar" can be used in the sense of "raising a child" but can also have the meaning of the verb "to create" which is the more literal translation. The Bible would make more sense if people didn't swallow everything the Catholic morons in the vatican feed them. They say it's dangerous for us "regular folk" to interpret the Bible. My ass.
You can reinterpret the Bible all day long to make it appear to say what you want it to say, and then claim that yours is the one true interpretation.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
faspxina said:
Why would an Englishman be fairer than a Middle-Eastern one?
Because generally English people have fairer skin than Middle Eastern people?

OT: I'd say black African, specifically South African. That's where the first humans are from right?
Oh he was talking about skin tone. I though he was talking about personality. xD

May 20, 2009
oktalist said:
ManueleunaM said:
oktalist said:
Aw, why no love for the East Asian God? Buddhism is the best irrational belief system out there!

But, if God created humans in his image, then he must be black African. Which was not an option in the poll :(
God's true physical image can't be perceived by human eyes right? Maybe there's an error in translation in the bible and what was meant was that he raised/reared humans to his image as in how parents do to their children. A child's first influence in their personality and habits comes from the parents or the ones raising them. Also in a Latin language like Portuguese the verb "criar" can be used in the sense of "raising a child" but can also have the meaning of the verb "to create" which is the more literal translation. The Bible would make more sense if people didn't swallow everything the Catholic morons in the vatican feed them. They say it's dangerous for us "regular folk" to interpret the Bible. My ass.
You can reinterpret the Bible all day long to make it appear to say what you want it to say, and then claim that yours is the one true interpretation.
Or you can study linguistics and be aware of mistakes made.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
New Testament God? Canadian, hands down.

So why is the poll an ethnicity list while the title is asking about nationality? Somebody get themselves a bit mixed up? =)

Aug 17, 2009
Well, assuming you mean Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, and assuming you actually knew what a nationality was, if God were to appear again, He'd more than likely be Palestinian/Israeli, just because that's where most of His incarnations/profits have been from. Although, He wouldn't be pinned-down to a nationality.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
ManueleunaM said:
Henkie36 said:
Italian, probably. Or Israelian. But to be completely honest, I don't care because I don't believe in God.
Believing in God and in His existence are two completely different things. Watch your semantics. That's how lawyers fuck you over. Just some advice, don't read too much into it.

O.T.: Since it makes no sense that we divide up the planet in nations anyway, He'd probably go neutral and not have one.
Please note these two things:
-I said I don't believe in God, so that also means I don't believe he exists.
-Also, and maybe more to the point, I think that you are free to believe what ever you want to. But I expect you not to bother me with it, or at least grant me the courtesy to believe what I want.

May 20, 2009
Henkie36 said:
ManueleunaM said:
Henkie36 said:
Italian, probably. Or Israelian. But to be completely honest, I don't care because I don't believe in God.
Believing in God and in His existence are two completely different things. Watch your semantics. That's how lawyers fuck you over. Just some advice, don't read too much into it.

O.T.: Since it makes no sense that we divide up the planet in nations anyway, He'd probably go neutral and not have one.
Please note these two things:
-I said I don't believe in God, so that also means I don't believe he exists.
-Also, and maybe more to the point, I think that you are free to believe what ever you want to. But I expect you not to bother me with it, or at least grant me the courtesy to believe what I want.
A person can believe in God's existence but not in Him. Do you know what believing in someone means? Is English your mother language? I wasn't forcing you into believing anything my little fucknugget. Do you even understand what I wrote? I'll leave you alone so you can dwell in your ignorance and stupidity then.

TingaWinga

Aug 17, 2010
With the human race "Made in his image" and the human race originated from Africa (we think) he would have to be some sort of African race If he wasn't a fictional character

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Fact: Morgan Freeman is God.
Fact: Morgan Freeman is Black American.
Therefore: God is Black American.

My reasoning cannot be denied.