Poll: If Jesus ran for president, would you vote for him?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
This is a poll I've been curious about; knowing that a good amount of the American population that'll vote for someone because of their religion or how often they say god bless America.

So, Jesus Christ returns and runs for president.
If you need to know anymore, his stances are based on biblical teachings. Love thy neighbor (ie Mexico), gays are bad, etc.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Yes.

By the way, Jesus never said gays are bad. Ever. Once. And he often implied that he has an opposite view on them.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Only if he is an independent.

Even then, probably wouldn't be bothered to vote anyways.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
I definitely would. No doubt about it.

Also, the Bible doesn't teach that gays are bad; it teaches that gay acts are bad.
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Outside of that, I really don't think I can fill in fictional characters in a voting ballot.
That really wasn't necessary. You're just trying to cause trouble. Obviously (even if you don't believe in Him) - for the sake of the hypothetical situation of Jesus running for president - we're saying that He is real (even though I already believe that He is real).

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
Eh, why not?

I mean it's Jesus, right?

I'm sure he could fix all kinds of things up, no problem.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Didn't Jesus die when he was 32 thus making him ineligible to be president? If not, are we talking kids style Jesus or 13 apostles Jesus?

otakuoverlord

Mar 3, 2011
Would he be republican? I thought yes at first but I saw a bumper sticker that was very informative about his stance on the party. Would he toe the party line like all resurrected deities when faced with decisions? Vishnu screwed that shit up in the 70's, and Amaterasu didn't fare so well during the Sarin attacks in the 90's.

Would the Vatican sponsor his campaign? I don't know if Jesus has much of a personal fortune anymore, though I suppose the accrued interest on a sandal left behind 2000 years ago might put him on stable financial ground. Maybe he could get the republicans to foot the bill?

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
No. This country has a separation between church and state for a reason. Religious dogma should never be the basis for secular law.

otakuoverlord

Mar 3, 2011
This country has separation of church and state EXACTLY for this reason, and none other. Our founding fathers were smart as hell and clairvoyant, seeing this eventuality long ago.

Habaki

Feb 28, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW, most historians agree on the fact that there was a man named Jesus of nazareth who lived around 0BC and was executed by the roman empire.

The sensible conflict arises when you get to the religious stuff.

And sure, I'd vote for him. Probably would have positive effects.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Jesus doesn't have enough lobbyists to fund his campaign. Plus, he wasn't even born here. I demand to see a birth certificate.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Yes.

By the way, Jesus never said gays are bad. Ever. Once. And he often implied that he has an opposite view on them.
Where in the bible did he imply this?

No matter, because Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost are one, so it is safe to assume that they share the same views.

Besides, I do not believe in god, so I very much doubt I'd vote for someone claiming to be the son of god.

Nova Helix

Mar 17, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
This is a poll I've been curious about; knowing that a good amount of the American population that'll vote for someone because of their religion or how often they say god bless America.

So, Jesus Christ returns and runs for president.
If you need to know anymore, his stances are based on biblical teachings. Love thy neighbor (ie Mexico), gays are bad, etc.
You might want to double check your bible, the whole hate and murdering people thing was old testament.

To answer your question no. If Jesus was real he may be a good moral leader but not a leader of nations.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Yes. Only if he performed all his crazy miracles. If he gave sight to a blind person I'd be sold

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
No. Because jesus is pure, and all politicials are crooked. So thus, either:
a) it is not jesus running
b) the fabric of reality would be torn asunder

Besides, he'd want to help EVERYONE, and you just cant do that without creating inflation, debt and ruin.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
I don't know. I would have to see how he campaigns, what sort of policies I was looking at. What Christ says in the Bible is generally up for interpretation by whomever is reading it, so I would relish the opportunity to hear what the man himself has to see before I would make a decision on whether I would vote for him. Also, I would like to see him accomplish that natural born citizen thing, but assuming he is Jesus, then it should be a small task for him. Kind of curious who would have the balls to run against Jesus though and what the Patriots would to with him.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Jesus was a kind, honest, loving and wise man... So he has no place in American politics. Yeah, I'd vote for him.

I'd love to see what the other guy running would do. Try running a smear capaign against freakin' JESUS?