Poll: If Jesus ran for president, would you vote for him?

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I'm pretty sure that "gays are bad" wouldn't be in his speeches. Outside of that, I really don't think I can fill in fictional characters in a voting ballot.
First: Regardless if you believed in the supernatural aspects of Jesus or not he was a real human and did die in the manner depicted in the Bible, there are historical records of this. The Jews who followed him became the Christians and the ones who didn't kept on doing what they do.

Second: Jesus never said anything about hating anyone. In fact if you believe in the supernatural aspects then his entire mission on earth was to die so they gay people (and all other "Sinner") could go to Heaven.

So yes I would vote for him. I mean think about it a president who believes and practices messages or peace, love and forgiveness.
A president who wouldn't start pointless wars over revenge or oil.
Granted the first lady would probably be former hooker but Hell I'd take Mary Magdalene over Hillary Clinton any day (insert comedic drum roll here).

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Even if this dream were to somehow happen and Jesus did decide to delve into politics, he'd never actually hold the office. I'm not saying he might not get elected, but there's no friggin way that he'd be able to complete a single term if he did. Three letters my friends...

Jay.
Eff.
Kay.

Good night.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Mad World said:
poiumty said:
Also, the Bible doesn't teach that gays are bad; it teaches that gay acts are bad.
What 2 consensual adults do in the comfort of their own bedroom should be none of the bible's goddamn business.
I disagree. It's not just some book; it's something given to us by an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being.

I'm sick of hearing people saying things such as: "God doesn't belong in..." He's God. He's everywhere. If you don't think so, fine. But I definitely disagree with you.

A sin's a sin.
A "sin" may be a "sin", but they're your sins, not mine. To try to legislate your religion into my life would be like the Jews deciding that no one can have bacon since their religion forbids it. I am neither Jewish nor Christian. So if I want to build my girlfriend a bacon bikini and then eat it off of her, neither religion's views on the subject are at all relevant.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
awesomeClaw said:
Just a question.

Do you actually think that homosexuality is wrong? Because from this post, it sure looks like it.
Yes - I do. I'm not against homosexuals; everyone is equal. But I am against homosexual acts.
awesomeClaw said:
OT: No. I believe that man has created more crap then he´s destroyed by making that little book. Like saying it´s okay to stone kids: Deuteronomy 21:18-21
Do note that that was in the Old Testament. I don't think that Jesus wants us to stone people to death.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
This depends, would it be the Jesus that was actually featured in the bible, who loves everybody? if so then yes.

Or would it be the twisted figure, the thorned mockery of everything that is seen as good, the one whose name is spoken as a curse to anybody who believes in "Human Rights", the "freedom of religion" and "due process of law". Well, I can tell an imposter when i see one

yes to the original. no to the "modern version".

cookieXkiller

Mar 7, 2010
it depends on who he is running against
but no.
I rather have someone else running a country then him.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
sylekage said:
Yes. Only if he performed all his crazy miracles. If he gave sight to a blind person I'd be sold
Hey Free Health care I didn't think of that one.
Also could end starvation in America, but I don't think that one is a big a priority (insert comedic drum roll here)

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
ANImaniac89 said:
Granted the first lady would probably be former hooker but Hell I'd take Mary Magdalene over Hillary Clinton any day (insert comedic drum roll here).
For you.

http://instantrimshot.com/

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
well yeah,
assuming he has the same powers as before.
how could i say no to guy who walked on water so everybody would shut up about a storm or turned water into wine because he could.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Naheal said:
ANImaniac89 said:
For you.

http://instantrimshot.com/

Thank you so very much for that, you sir have made my evening.

gostlyfantom

Jan 22, 2011
Ross Perot said:
Things i've learned from this thread: Religious People are bad, Republicans are stupid.

The Escapist forums are awesome and tolerant!
we are tolerant as long as you believe what we believe!(that was a joke haha)
OT:no I would not, why? 1. I am canadian and cannot vote in american politics. 2. I highly doubt that jesus would be beneficial to your current financial problems...

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
The true, great irony of this thread? The so-called religious right wouldn't vote for him because he's too liberal for them.

Also, this is necessary.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, after being crucified, I think the least we can do is give him four years. Why not?

(Oh, and in case someone wants to say anything about him not being born in this country, let's assume that...because he's Jesus...he gets reborn in this country. Cool? Cool.)

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Naheal said:
The true, great irony of this thread? The so-called religious right wouldn't vote for him because he's too liberal for them.

Also, this is necessary.

Too True, that why Thompson didn't win sheriff of Pitkin County, Colorado.

fucking closed minded hate monger politicians

LONG LIVE FREAK POWER