Poll: If KOTOR was to be remastered, should Bioware be in charge again?

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I don't think story based games are worth remastering:
- the target audience knows the story already.
- they have loads of content to redo which costs almost as much as making a new game.
- Bioware still haven't figured out how to do faces right, which would be the main attraction for remasters of their games if they could do it.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Bilious Green said:
mavkiel said:
Trick question. Bioware is dead. I am not being hyperbolic, but can anyone name a team member that worked on kotor that is still at bioware? I think the last of them fled right around the time EA changed up ME3's ending.
Didn't Drew Karpyshyn come back to Bioware recently? He was one of the Kotor and ME1 devs. I think he's working on SWTOR now.
Karpshyn has been back working on TOR since late 2015. [http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?p=1022]

OT: As others have said Bioware would do fine if they are just porting the game to a modern engine with modern graphics and the like but I wouldn't trust them with a new Star Wars RPG.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
Silentpony said:
I wouldn't trust Bioware to wipe their own asses at this point. How do you make a Mass Effect game that's even worse, graphically,
False. A few animation quirks aside, the fidelity on most objects is quite stunning. Poorly animated faces do not somehow equal the overall quality being worse.

gameplay wise
Absolutely, unequivocally false. Whatever criticisms are being leveled against it, it's pretty universal that the gameplay is the best it's ever been. Guns feel great, weapons and armor have more customization than ever, with classes dispensed of the mixing and matching of powers to suit whatever playstyle you can dream up is simply awesome. Granted there are a few downturns, such as the loss of most of the control of your squad, but overall, the gameplay is the highlight of this title.

story wise
Haven't beaten the game so I can't say for sure, but this so far is a mixed bag. Some of the crew is as fun and memorable as any of the old mainstays, but some are total toss. The kett are boring villains, but the Star Trek-y bits like meeting the angara and exploring and settling new worlds is very engaging. Choice feels a bit less defined than the trilogy, but then the trilogy has already played out. We know the consequences of those actions. But it's definitely better than Mass Effect 1 when it first came out, considering about 30-40% of the time the dialogue options were meaningless because you literally said the same line but somehow got different alignment points for it.

audio wise
Could be because my nostalgia goggles are somewhere in the closet still in the packaging, but I'm gonna say the sound is better in Andromeda. Guns sound punchier, the Nomad sounds more like an actual vehicle than the Mako, sounds are clearer. Music score though? Not even close, but to be fair, that's like expecting The Force Awakens to have better music than the original trilogy. Just pack up and go home, you lost before you even started composing.

There are PLENTY of criticisms to level at Andromeda. Tons, in fact, so there's no reason to veer into sheer hyperbole. Rage-filled ex-fanboys with an axe to grind are going to get the series killed, not improved. Please don't join them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
As others have said, ever since EA got their hands on Bioware they've been in steady decline. Of coarse I haven't played any games with EA's name on it since Dragon Age Origins, I think, so I'm mostly going on what I pick up around the 'net for that. From what I've gathered DA:I was the most promising and I probably would've played it if I wasn't avoiding EA like the plague. As for KotOR, no give it to someone else. Of coarse they won't because if I'm not mistaken EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars games and why would EA give it to anyone else?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm guessing others have said it, but I don't see why Bioware would be in charge of remastering anything.

I do hope they give us a real conclusion to the KOTOR series, I was not happy at all with what they did in TOR.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Bioware has made it painfully clear that they are never going to try on something ever again, which sucks. How the mighty have fallen.