Poll: If the 3 endings of ME3 are the only ones we're going to get, which will be your final choice??

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
How about the final choice of not buying any Bioware products in the future?

They almost lost me completely with Dragon Age 2, which was downright awful. Mass Effect 3 -almost- got my back as a fan, and then that ending happened.. that horrible, horrible ending..

I mean, it was hilarious, but still bad.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Destroy. My Shep fought hard for one thing and one thing only since the beginning, and she'll be damned if she's gonna let the destruction of the Geth stand in the way of her goal. The only reason she brokered peace between the Quarians and Geth was because she needed them.

Robertus2210

Apr 8, 2010
Destroy, wasn't the whole point of the game destroying the reapers? seems silly to change your mind of apperently millions died and a two minute conversation with an AI

madmurch

Nov 1, 2007
Robertus2210 said:
Destroy, wasn't the whole point of the game destroying the reapers? seems silly to change your mind of apperently millions died and a two minute conversation with an AI
My sentiments exactly. I admit the annihilation of the geth did give me pause for thought, but ultimately I had no desire to convert the entire galaxy's population into cyborgs without their knowledge, and I wasn't going to get on board the "Surely indoctrination is something that happens to other people, not me..." train of thought. Blow those cool-looking genocide-bots to hell, then let everybody else rebuild, that's my motto.
I wish I had chosen a motto that could be applied to more everyday circumstances, but never mind that.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Personally, I find that at least the red ending isn't all that bad, and it's greatest flaws could be sorted simply by cutting out content.

Everything up until the chat with the god-child, is fine. The chat itself? Horrible, but fine if in a slightly different format, meaning cut the child. Not sure what would be better, but kind of leaning towards a final chat with Harbinger to fill in that exposition.

And for the choices themselves, ditch synthesis, it's confusing and doesn't make any sense. It should simply be the choice of doing what you came to do and destroying the synthetics (paragon), or following the Illusive Man's dream and seizing power through control. I also think it wouldn't have hurt to change up the wording of the destruction option. Mainly, "destroying all synthetics" doesn't make a ton of sense, does it destroy all electronics? It's kind of important how that plays out.

Beyond that, the mass relay network being destroyed sits well with me if it weren't for the fact that exploding relays are supposed to wipe out a solar system, which would be fine with a minor dialog reference assuring that that would not happen and why.

And then there's also the matter of the remnants of the galactic fleet now more or less stranded on Earth, but whatever. I figure much of the fleet had been wiped out anyways by that stage, and it's an acceptable consequence for saving the galaxy. Besides, if the destroy option fries all electronics, they're dead anyways.

And finally, no matter how the rest plays out, get rid of the final scene with the Normandy. It's hard to make any sense out of how it would have happened and it just feels out of place. Replace it with a series of quick cuts to the characters still around, mostly on Earth, looking up at the exploding remains of the Citadel with a silent farewell to their Commander.

Anyhow, point was that I don't really mind the core concepts of the endings, they just get spoiled by some poor presentation choices.

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
Chicago Ted said:
Buretsu said:
I'm fairly certain that Synthesis will end up being accepted as 'canon' for future games, so that's what I'll go with.
As it currently stands, they can't do any future games. The destruction of the Mass Relays means all races are about to enter a massive dark age, which will certainly see the ends of some races. Prequels maybe or spin offs between ME1 and ME2 or something sure, but they've shot themselves in the foot for anything after ME3.

Edit:

On topic, Control. It's the only option that allows for the most races of the galaxy to continue life unaltered. Synthesis still makes little sense, and Destruction serves only as a temporary solution which I think will cause more harm in the long run.
Remember, the Proteans had the ability to create small Mass Relays, or at least one we know of. And I think it was hinted at ingame, although I have no clue where anymore, that the tech was not out of reach for the other more advanced races anymore either. Also, they have got loads of dead reapers who did not really need the gates I think so maybe they could reverse engineer the stuff. --> Isn't the Citadel a big ass relay in ME1? Maybe they can use it for that use now?

Anyway, I chose destroy. Already retook Tali's homeworld and killed of the Geth. EDI apperantly survived too (as did I)so not really anything I didn't like. Heck, I survived with all my implants. So the lil god-kid was clearly lying. The Geth probably would have survived too!

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
red, i couldn't bring myself to reprogram the geth in the second game, so i couldn't bring myself to reprogram the reapers or all synthetics. So blow them all to hell, including me.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
In my opinion (and backed up by SCIENCE!) the first decision is usually the best. So:

Wipe them out. All of them.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Destroy, obviously.

Control is essentially the same as surrender, and Synthesis is even worse. I'd rather doom EDI and the Geth than every living being in the galaxy.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I went for the Destroy option. Although I supported EDI in her journey to try to be more self-aware and I know that Joker will kill me, oh wait I die anyway since I can't find enough war assets with out multiplayer, I assume I will when the DLC comes out...*half hearted* hurray...the bottom line was that the Reapers have been the vessels of galactic genocide for who knows how long, and those abominations needed to be destroyed.

Feb 13, 2008
EXPERIENCE THE BEGINNING, MIDDLE, AND END OF AN EMOTIONAL STORY UNLIKE ANY OTHER, WHERE THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE COMPLETELY SHAPE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND OUTCOME.

I'd go for delete local content.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Control. I would have gone with destroy but since we're dealing with a magic genie and not a piece of tech I can't just destroy the reapers without murdering an entire race of sentient beings who've only defended themselves.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Aetherlblade said:
Chicago Ted said:
Buretsu said:
I'm fairly certain that Synthesis will end up being accepted as 'canon' for future games, so that's what I'll go with.
As it currently stands, they can't do any future games. The destruction of the Mass Relays means all races are about to enter a massive dark age, which will certainly see the ends of some races. Prequels maybe or spin offs between ME1 and ME2 or something sure, but they've shot themselves in the foot for anything after ME3.

Edit:

On topic, Control. It's the only option that allows for the most races of the galaxy to continue life unaltered. Synthesis still makes little sense, and Destruction serves only as a temporary solution which I think will cause more harm in the long run.
Remember, the Proteans had the ability to create small Mass Relays, or at least one we know of. And I think it was hinted at ingame, although I have no clue where anymore, that the tech was not out of reach for the other more advanced races anymore either. Also, they have got loads of dead reapers who did not really need the gates I think so maybe they could reverse engineer the stuff. --> Isn't the Citadel a big ass relay in ME1? Maybe they can use it for that use now?

Anyway, I chose destroy. Already retook Tali's homeworld and killed of the Geth. EDI apperantly survived too (as did I)so not really anything I didn't like. Heck, I survived with all my implants. So the lil god-kid was clearly lying. The Geth probably would have survived too!
You forget as well though that you always need a pair of Relays. Having one is meaningless unless another is set up to catch you at the exit. Add onto that the fact that Prothean Tech =/= Tech available to Council Races, and you're not getting a new form of FTL Travel for centuries at least, and even then only rudimentary stages. This is as well on top of the fact that this leaves virtually none if any Quarians left back on their homeworld since their fleet was in the Sol System, with the ones there having no food to survive off of, the Krogans stranded back on Tuchunka, a nuclear wasteland with little resources and no genophage, meaning they'll likely revert to civil war soon, and Earth, with virtually all the Council Alliance fleets, and only one planet that anything can be grown or cultivated on without any form of infrastructure.

The whole galaxy is fucked no matter what you do. The destruction of the Mass Relays means the bringing of a new dark age, and the likely deaths of several races.