Poll: If you could pay more for games, would you?

Darkobra

Nov 24, 2009
Games are mainly copy and paste of older games at a jacked up price. They're ALREADY getting too much. Why would I pay MORE?!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Nah. $60 is a pretty fair price for an expansive game you can dump hundreds of hours into while still uncovering new content... it's just too much for an interactive movie that's over in one sitting.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Nope. Making games is their business, they're not doing it as a favour to players. We don't owe them anything, we simply choose whether or not to purchase the product they're offering at the price they're offering.

The only exception to this is games that are 100% free, in which case I'd consider it depending on how good the game is and whether or not I want to support its creator.

Sep 14, 2009
Emiscary said:
Contrast Alpha Protocol. I got through about 20 minutes before I just rolled my eyes and stopped playing. It cost me 40+ bucks.

YOU MONSTER! *hence your profile pic*

don't say such bad things about my game...*pets alpha protocol* there there...i'll play you more later..

(all in all, the beginning is a bit boring and it's a "gem in the rough", so it's hard for quite a few people to get into it/like it at all, especially if you don't like obsidian in the first place)

OT: if i buy the game on sale (e.g. steam deal) and it's amazing and from a good developer, sure, i'd shoot them maybe an extra 5-10 bucks saying "keep it up!" but otherwise, full price game? no thanks, i'm already giving them appreciation enough for buying the game at that price.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
Yes. There are a few games where if the developer chose to sell for 60$ I would pay.
Some examples, and the actual price I payed listed below:

Minecraft, payed 20$ for, would easily pay 60 for.
Team Fortress 2, again, payed 20, easily worth 60.
The Orange Box, which includes tf2, massive value, totally worth 60.

There are also games I HAVE payed 60$ for, and felt it was worth it, and then there are also plenty I've payed 60 for and felt ripped off afterwards.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Ehm, you can pay more. Just buy a second copy of the game. Crazy, isn't it?
Or buy the DLCs/microtransaction stuff/merchandise. And with all the indie bundles you can literally just pay more. If you want to throw money at developers the options are already there.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
wintercoat said:
I wouldn't pay more than retail for a game, however, a game that I bought on sale, got for free, or at a lower price through a package deal, I would consider pay the extra up to retail if I really, really loved it. Well...I would if I had the money to do so, anyways.
Same here, especially if I loved it. There is only 3 games I love, 2 I had to buy again cause my idiot brother broke the disks.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
what? no, that's ridiculous, I already pay $100-110 for a standard game without the extras so why would I add to that?.

On the other hand, in a free to play game i would buy something small if i was enjoying myself and think the games worth it.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
Emiscary said:
Contrast Alpha Protocol. I got through about 20 minutes before I just rolled my eyes and stopped playing. It cost me 40+ bucks.

YOU MONSTER! *hence your profile pic*

don't say such bad things about my game...*pets alpha protocol* there there...i'll play you more later..

(all in all, the beginning is a bit boring and it's a "gem in the rough", so it's hard for quite a few people to get into it/like it at all, especially if you don't like obsidian in the first place)

OT: if i buy the game on sale (e.g. steam deal) and it's amazing and from a good developer, sure, i'd shoot them maybe an extra 5-10 bucks saying "keep it up!" but otherwise, full price game? no thanks, i'm already giving them appreciation enough for buying the game at that price.
ehh

i played the game all the way....its okay at best.

the stealth mechanics are especially broken. A hallway with a squad of troops dug in with guns pointing in my direction. activate stealth and start punching them in the throat, none of them seem to find it odd.