Poll: If you could, would you move to live in a different place or country?

Meko

May 19, 2014
Ok, so personally, I think I would move to a different city atleast.
I'd prefer to love to a city that has a beach, for example,because I like beaches and my current location has none of them.
I'd also prefer a place with a better climate. Currently its so random here. Cold, hot, cold, hot etc etc. Very random really.
A move to different country is somewhat of a too big change for me at the moment, but I wouldnt mind to as long as I can get things sorted out if I'd do so, which can be difficult if its a country with different language spoken, different laws, etc.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
With the housing market as it is I really can't afford to move at the moment, but I'm reasonably sure I won't be living in this apartment for the rest of my life.

I wouldn't mind living in a different country for a few years, but in the end I expect to grow old(er) in this one.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I don't necessarily want to move as I currently live in a really nice part of the UK and am relatively close to friends and family. But if the housing shortage isn't addressed within a couple of years, then moving to another country is probably my only option of ever owning a house, and it's something I will seriously consider. I like the UK but there are very few incentives to live here if you're a young adult.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I like my local area a good deal (the south coast of the UK) so I intend to stay here long term, I currently live with my parents to save money for my eventual first home. If I could move anywhere, I'd stay in this area but move into my own house. Here I've got lovely countryside and a large town very close in either direction so it's the best of both worlds, that said the quietness and tranquillity of deeper into the country attracts me so maybe one day if I can afford it I'll move into a small house surrounded by fields and nothing else :)

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Yes, I would like to finally get the hell out of Plano, TX, after having spent the past six years here for various school/work related reasons. Next month my last two friends (and work partner) are moving to Washington, where most of my friends and also my sister have managed to migrate for some reason, and when that happens I'll be finding myself stuck forever alone here. I currently work from home and am self-employed, but my SO is still at GBX, so yeah. The thought of turning 32 and still being here after giving DFW the second half of my 20s keeps me up at night for sure.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
there was a thread similar to this recently

I've always said I've wanted to move out of the UK to somewhere like Brazil or Canada. I'd like to live in France for a short while too.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Somewhat. I admit despite the cons about living here (doesn't got a comicbook shop and it's far away from the cities I go to) I actually grown to loved it here after all of these long years. In saying so I will be moving into the city in the future which I am reluctant. I mean sure that city is where I did wanted to moved but since I am familiar with it, I know for a fact that the people there are unfriendly (no offence) and it going to be a pain to travel there from the house since at least over here, it's only walking distance to and from the town center.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'd gladly move to a different country. I don't really have a logical reason for wanting to emmigrate, I've just never really liked living here. It's always just been the place I was stuck to me. Besides my family I don't really have much even giving me a reason to stick around. If I could afford to move to a different country I'd leave and would barely feel upset about it at all.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Yes. Absolutely.
Sorry, Danes, but I'm not too fond of some your cultural and societal aspects. In fact, my GF and I are looking for a new apartment these days. Sadly, it's still going to be in Denmark, and although it's a small country, the little friend(s) and contacts I've made over the past 4 years will suddenly be almost 3 hours away. Plus, it continues a somewhat worrying trend of moving to smaller and smaller towns[footnote]Germany, 350.000+, Denmark 120.000+, now Denmark 58.000[/footnote]. Which is not exactly a smart thing to do as with what I know and do, according to the cliche, I should probably live in Berlin. But, well, I'm really shit at the business side of freelancing so I don't get to call the shots here.

BlackBark

Apr 8, 2010
Well, I currently live in a pretty small town in the UK, but I would like to move to another country. Specifically, I plan to move to China, although it is more of a long term goal than an immediate plan.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I would love to move to another city, but I still intend to stay in the same state (Florida) if I can. Tampa and Orlando are both high on the list, and I even have basic plans for if I can get a job in Tampa after my schooling is over.

Moving out of state is another matter. I wouldn't mind moving back to Michigan or Massachusetts. However, that's pretty much where my interests end. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy going to another state, but I'm not even a year removed from having lived in Virginia, which was the worst place I've lived, so I'm a little nervous about experimenting right now.

As far as leaving the country, I probably wouldn't. Sure, there's plenty of reasons why I'd want to move, but leaving the country still seems like it would be too big of a change as of right now. Besides, I have no idea which country I would move to.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Weaver said:
I really want to move to Germany but I don't speak German lol.
Agreed.

OT: Just because of job stuff, I imagine I'm going to end up in the DC area sooner or later or somewhere in the Middle East.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I'd like to at least move to the other coast of my country if not out of it completely. 90% of my US friends are on the East Coast. I have 2 in Nevada, 2 in Arizona, about 5 in Cali(cause my haunt family isn't really friends they're a surrogate family) and almost all of them at least an hour drive away. I know the governments and situations aren't much different if I move to another country so even though part of my reasoning for wanting to move out of the country is that the American government pisses me off it's not the major reason. My skills and experience would be more help in a different country(or the East Coast of the US) than they are in So Cal where even though I have a job I'm basically unemployed. And it sucks.

Meko said:
I'd prefer to love to a city that has a beach, for example,because I like beaches and my current location has none of them.
Beaches are overrated. Especially living near one. And is expensive as hell(or at least in Cali it is). I don't understand how people like living near them and basically waking up covered in salt from the salt in the air from the ocean. *shudders* I go to San Diego to visit friends occasionally and every time I do I can feel a layer of salt on my skin and it makes me feel gross and disgusting. I'd rather live in the mountains tbh. Or somewhere that gets weather that's not hot, hotter, ohmyfuckinghellwhyisitsohotiammelting, and mildly cool. And get actual seasons. That would be nice instead of summer, summer, kind of spring, kind of autumn.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
I'd probably move somewhere with better internet. I rarely ever get over 1 megabyte down here.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Scotland is a wonderful place. Amazing culture, art, history, and brilliant landmarks and natural scenery, much of which is (mostly) untamed, and with wonderful people.

...Usually. The north of the Lowlands and south of the Highlands, however, tend not be at all like the above, save for the major cities there, Edinburgh and Glasgow. But I'd happily live in another country for a few years, or for my whole life. I've just happened to get bored of grey skies and chavs.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I'd move to Boston in a hot minute if I could. Yeah, Cambridge is kind of a tyrannical dictatorship, but one thing I never noticed about living in Missouri is we are the most clique-driven, clannish people you have ever met. A stranger, or even someone you know who doesn't consider you part of his group, won't say a damned word to you, and that kind of paranoia has really shaped us. Admittedly I enjoy knowing that the random dude at the urinal next to mine won't strike up a random conversation, but still, awkward piss-talk in the bathroom is kind of a small price to pay for human contact.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
I think it's hard for me to really have anything but a sidegrade country wise so I'll stay. And I like the city I live in now, mostly because most people I know live in or near there.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Yes I want to move so badly. Currently living in Mormonland USA and it's driving me crazy.

I have a fantasy of moving to Sweden but that would be extremely difficult to pull off.