Poll: If you had a choice, would you be asexual?

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
If you had a choice to stay the way you are now, or become asexual, what would you choose?

I would have to say that I'd rather be asexual. I'm the kind of guy who likes to avoid face-to-face socialization and sharing emotions and space with other people, things that would occur in a healthy relationship. When I make or decorate something, I like to make it exactly the way I like it, with no one else's input, as well, and a relationship is about compromise, as well. I am also shy and awkward around attractive ladies, and I find the presence of them distracting, and I find myself staring at them instead of doing what I'm supposed to be, which can create awkward situations. It'd also be easier for me to sleep at night.

"What about having kids?" You may ask. "Surely you would like to have kids!" Heh, no. I seriously dislike children. They're all so... How should I put this... "Annoying" is the word that comes to mind immediately. And, call me selfish, there are so many more things that I would be able to purchase for myself without spending money on children. I'd also have more time to myself, to do what I want, and I wouldn't have to work quite as much to have the same amount of money to spend on myself.

I guess my choice would also be because, if I was asexual, I would be able to say to the media: "Ha, ha! Your suggestive advertisements don't work on me! Screw you!"

In short, I'm not interested in being in a relation... or, at least, I wouldn't be if there wasn't that instinct in the back of my head telling me to reproduce. Also, I'm selfish.

Anyways, discuss.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Nope. First off, I love kids, and can't wait to have a dozen or two of my own.

Secondly, I love boobies.

Thirdly, I don't really want to die alone.

Fourthly, I really love boobies.

Don't judge me.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Already am.

... Unless you mean, like, biologically. In which case, no. I am okay with our current method of crude genital bumping.
I just, you know, don't want to partake.
At all.
Ever.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
THEAFRONINJA said:
I'm assuming you're a teenager, probably one of those 'dark and mysterious' types that aren't nearly as dark or mysterious as they like to think. My sincere apologies if I'm wrong.
That... pretty much hits the nail on the head, actually. Nice job.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
No, I'm a hopeless romantic and I can't wait to have myself some kiddies.

But, while I do know that there are quite a few asexuals here on the escapist I'm a bit confused by the condition. Does it mean that, for all the world you can never (For want of a better, more gender-neutral term) get it up so to speak? Or does it mean that you simply don't have the urge to try to?

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I chose the third option. Why? Because...

Of the fact that while my instinctual reaction would be "No! I like vagina WAAAAY too much to give up being heterosexual!" But when you think about it, you wouldn't likely care anyways once you made this choice, and for the fact that it would be liberating.

Not having to worry about what anybody thinks; at least not on the grounds of sex appeal.

Not having to endure the stresses of a relationship.

I think maybe; if I were able to switch back; I would try it.

Otherwise, no. Seeing as I am attracted to girls, I don't think I'd like the idea of switching around my sexual preference.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Pegghead said:
But, while I do know that there are quite a few asexuals here on the escapist I'm a bit confused by the condition. Does it mean that, for all the world you can never (For want of a better, more gender-neutral term) get it up so to speak? Or does it mean that you simply don't have the urge to try to?
Believe me when I say that I can.
I spent the better part of my early adolescence trying to get it to stop. And I am still bothered by it when I wake up in the morning.
It's like having an overeager soldier that stands to attention at everything and goes off to the firing range by himself when you are asleep.

Were I so inclined, I would physically be able to have sex. I'm just, you know, not.

So, the latter, basically.

EDIT: I feel I should note that I am not representative of every asexual person.
If you really want to read up on it, I suggest you check here. [http://www.asexuality.org/home/overview.html]

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
It would certainly uncomplicate my life quite a bit. But still, I can't say I would unequivocally want to have no sex drive ever again. I don't want kids, but that doesn't mean I never will. And sex is good for you (physically and mentally) as long as it's not too freaky.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Well God knows I am probably never gonna reproduce with a mate so I could, but heck I don't want children until they're 5.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
hmmm If is was Asexual that would probably mean I'd get a lot more action than I am now
but I could put my dick in a guillotine and that would still be more action than I could ever hope to get
Being asexual would mean I could knock myself up so fuck that