Poll: If you had a choice, would you be asexual?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm lucky enough to already be nonsexual. Suits me fine. Makes life a hell of a lot simpler.
And kinda destroys the main point of life, so that is good. A middle-finger to fate.
Dango said:
Absolutely not.

Feelings of love are just too great.
Asexual/Nonsexual does not equal the lack of feeling love, just the complete lack of sexual drive/feelings. We are still capable of loving things.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
No, it would a waste of my ridiculously handsome features.

Besides, sex is fun and enjoyable. I imagine. And I also think it's easier to find a partner if your not asexual. Last I checked most people can't wait to bump uglies with someone they fancy. Gay men, in particular, really like having sex. I don't think I could be asexual and hope to not end up alone.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I like sex, but i know its not important, If im happy with my girlfriend without sex, then its fine, I dont need it to know im in love, And i cant see all those people that just sleep with random people, it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wardnath said:
I should probably point out that asexuals aren't above sex or masturbation (the latter is seen as a release, or so I heard).

Also, they're extremely fucking rare.
You're right on the top part, to a degree. It depends on the individual, really.

Although I'd like to know where you get the information for the latter part of your post. Quite a few people base it on what Wikipedia has. And the data that Wikipedia has, last time I checked, was in the region of twenty years old, from a small portion of the population of an English suburb, during the AIDS outbreak in the nineties.
Not exactly the most reliable or accurate data ever, even less so all these years later.
Then again, there are quite a few people who (I will admit) just say they are Asexual/Nonsexual because they have given up, or who really belong to one of the other sexualities in the Grey-a spectrum.
So the amount of true Asexuals/Nonsexuals may be quite low... I know of a few Demisexuals on here, but they tend to get grouped with us Asexuals/Nonsexuals...

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
If given the choice, I don't see a point to becoming asexual. My sexuality does not trouble me, or confuse me in any way. It doesn't make life difficult. Why should I change it? Maybe it's because I'm a hormonal teenager, but the idea that I might not want sex is kind of hard to comprehend. So yeah, I'd be happy to stay the way I am.

PurplePlatypus

Duel shield wielder
Jul 8, 2010
I'm not asexual, I don't lack a sex drive I'm just not particularly bothered about having sex.
It wouldn't bother me if I was asexual but I'm not sure I would choose it given the chance.

I'm not sure why being asexual stops you from having children. I believe asexual are capable of sex they just don't feel the need. If they really wanted a child they could have a go at it, if they were totally put off by it there is always adoption.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
I don't mind the idea of who I am, but after a while I've determined that I do not wish to continue to have my over-active sex drive as from being a teenager. Some may enjoy it, but I consider it a curse. I honestly wish I didn't feel any need for sex, that way I could ignore any future relationships (lets be honest, the average teenage relationship is just for sex, feelings, hah!), and concentrate on my work of joining the military. Seriously, if there was a way, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

PS: I rather dislike kids. I don't hate them, as I play with them whenever I have to and help them enjoy themselves, but I rather dislike them and seriously wish they'd leave me alone. Though I couldn't bring it to myself to shatter their dreams by pushing them away, but if they annoyed me enough, I might have to start ignoring them. Thankfully, the only kid who ever wanted to play with me was my neighbor, they moved after a small fire happened and live a bit aways now where he doesn't bother me. Stupid... kids...

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
So the amount of true Asexuals/Nonsexuals may be quite low... I know of a few Demisexuals on here, but they tend to get grouped with us Asexuals/Nonsexuals...
Demisexual? I could wiki it, but asking you is much more fun :3

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Snork Maiden said:
Greyfox105 said:
Demisexual? I could wiki it, but asking you is much more fun :3
A person who identifies as a Demisexual is, according to Rabger's model, a person who does not experience primary sexual attraction but yet still experiences secondary sexual attraction. Primary sexual attraction being sexual attraction based on outward qualities such as a person's looks, clothes, or personality. Secondary sexual attraction being attraction to another stemming from emotional connection (usually romantic) or status or how closely the person is in relationship to the other.
And the source [http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Demisexual].
Also...
Yennick said:
-All Hail Britannia Snip-
Really though, I think they just haven't experienced or understood sex in a context that brings them pleasure. I've seen plenty of people who have claimed "asexuality" eventually topple head over heels into totally kinky sex and fetishy things like bondage after a long period of adamantly denying that sex is for them.
Well, I have experienced sex, and I'm pretty damn sure I understand it, yet it holds no power over me. It brings no pleasure, and I have no interest in it. I don't think you're correct in your assumption, as there are some of us who are truly Asexual/Nonsexual, and are exactly as it is explained. Lucky enough to have no interest, and, perhaps, to be the end of a lineage.

Sephiroth_deus

Jul 25, 2009
Fuck no! I'm pretty damn close to being asexual already and I'm fighting tooth and nail not to be. Aside from the facts that I'm not selfish and I want to have kids; both sex and relationships have an unbelievably positive effect on the mind and body. Many books have been written on each of the topics. Besides I <3 boobs.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
OP's reasons for being asexual just sound like sidestepping the issue of not being able to get a girl.

My life would feel fairly incomplete without cuddles :3

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis?
Isn't it frightfully good to have a dong?
It's swell to have a stiffy,
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Your piece of pork, your wife's best friend,
Your Percy or your cock.
You can wrap it up in ribbons,
You can slip it in your sock.
Just don't take it out in public,
Or they will put you in the dock
...And you won't
come
back.

Sorry but i enjoy be sexual.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
Karim Saad said:
I already am. Women are dumb and men are dumb and ugly.
You, good sir/madam, just insulted every sexually reproducing organism that uses genders on this planet and every other one. And I said no because i like being heterosexual, I would have no reason to change.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Noooo freaking way. More genetic diversity is the key to the advancement of the species...and sex sex sex is the way forward...This is why I often compare Obama to intercourse...Also, Sex is alot more fun.