Poll: If you had the choice to be a vampire....

Mar 5, 2011
I would take a third option and stab the offering vampire with a stake a become a vampire hunter. In a world with vampires there must be vampire hunters.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Depends on the particular lore. If being Vampire means Stephanie Meyer, Joss Whedon or Ann Rice or Bram Stoker dictates the parameters, then I am out. However, Charlaine Harris and L. J. Smith's version of vampire are interesting, without becoming too evil or too sparkly.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
Depends on the particular lore. If being Vampire means Stephanie Meyer, Joss Whedon or Ann Rice or Bram Stoker dictates the parameters, then I am out. However, Charlaine Harris and L. J. Smith's version of vampire are interesting, without becoming too evil or too sparkly.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Never watched "True blood" series, but I guess these vampires "live" forever, so I would definately become one.

Char12

Sep 14, 2011
Depends on what type of Vampire, a Vampire the Masqurade or LoK vampire then definetly, a twilight or True Blood Nah I'll pass

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
AwkwardTurtle said:
Yes, if I could live by Marceline from Adventure Time rules and satsify my hunger by eating the color red. I mean how awesome is that. xD

The immortality and floating and invisibility all sound very convenient things to have. :D
This I could live with. All I have to do to go out in daytime is use an umbrella or be completely covered? I can deal with that. But can i eat human food and it not taste disgusting?

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
I would, depending on the Rules. True Blood? No. Twilight? Hell no.

But under Hellsing Rules, or World of Darkness Rules (provided i can pick my clan as well) then hell yes. There are several Reasons as to why those two Options would be far superior.

1: You can still eat and enjoy human food, it wont sustain you but you can enjoy it.
2: Your bodily "faculties" still work, not the same as when you were "alive" but yeah.
3: You are not getting ill from Holy Relics or Garlic, Faith however is another matter
4: You can alter your Body in certain Ways, at least with Hellsing Rules and under certain exceptions also within WoD Rules.
5: You are NOT required to be either a goody-two-shoes or a evil bastard to anyone
6: You can sleep in a normal Bed
7: You do not have to drink blood. Depending on the Rules there are consequences, either "The inner Beast" or simply getting weaker. But its not a death sentence.
8: Sunlight does not kill outright, at least if we consider Hellsing Rules. If we consider WoD Rules, then yes direct Sunlight will kill you, but you can still go out in the Shade, as long as you avoid direct Sunlight..oh and UV Light doesnt have any real effect, aside from it just blinding you and being irritating.

Thats just a little snippet there, after all there's much more to consider, but if either of these two was the option, then yeah, i'd go for it.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
You know, I can't really remember the specifics. If I remember correctly. In Stokers novel, Lucy is being drained by Dracula over a few days. He visited her in the night and drank from her, keeping her under some sort of spell or hypnotism or something. I think he eventually kills her and her mother when he attacks them in a wolf form and then Lucy comes back from the grave and starts draining children.
Wait, what? He can turn into a wolf too? Haven't read the novel or seen the film adaptation (the one with Hopkins and Oldman), but those are on my list of things to do.

Abandon4093 said:
For me though, the whole burning sunlight thing is a complete deal breaker. It's just far too impractical.
Yeah that's pretty much the biggest downfall and weakness of being a vampire, besides having to feed on human blood to survive.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
I could dig that. I voted yes. After all, I'm only ever up at night time these days (joys of unemployment), I've got no real social life to miss, and it'd make life generally more interesting and worthwhile.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I am not familiar with the true blood mythos. But it breaks down to this really: If it costs me sunlight, No. Maybe if I get a shit-ton of super-human powers, and very few of the weaknesses of dracula style vampires. Like, master level or higher vampire from Vampire Huntress series is a maybe. If it costs me my soul, only if I still get daylight, and a lot of super-human powers too, and I generally don't have most of the weaknesses that dracula style vamps have.

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
So long as I could go on animals or just take a pint or so out of my victim and leave them slightly woozie, I'd be game. Centuries to study whatever I want, all I'd need would be a closed off area under the ground or a house with a basement exit and I could stay up 24/7 and learn everything I could ever want to. It would be perfect bliss. I'd forgo all the human relationship stuff, though. That would be unfortunate. Still, the vampire skills of seduction as to lure women away for a little drink...

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011

Only if I get to be the awesome kind and yes, this sentence exists entirely because mod wrath is likely otherwise.

But I wouldn't have to worry about... Food, a job, people for the sake of anything aside from feeding.

I hope to become a mountaintop recluse anyway. It's almost perfect.