Poll: If you had to choose between Starcraft 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, which would you choose?

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
I've had enough of the fallout series. I didn't like a single one of their games. We've been waiting for SC2 for 10+ years! GIVE USE STARCRAFT 2!

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
The general consensus is that New Vegas is fairly similar to Fallout 3, so I'd probably jsut get Fallout 3. Starcraft II, however, had me drowning in my own drool during the beta. Blizzard's attention to detail and commitment to quality is astounding. (Not that I doubt Bethesda - I just haven't experienced anything by them.)
DeadlyYellow said:
Fallout: New Vegas. If I have to pay for a full game, I don't want to get a third of it.
Remember all the DLC Fallout 3 had? With SC2, you're getting multiplayer, an incredibly powerful map editor, and the first part to a three-part campaign. If Wings of Liberty had one race available for multiplayer, and all the triggers you could use in the map editor had to start with the letters between A-L, I might have been more inclined to agree with you.

Explosm

Oct 4, 2009
SC2. Because Bethesda dev's cant make a game without at least 10 glitches.

...Must be one of their pre-requisites

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Right now? Fallout. Fallout New Vegas looks like it has promise; and continues the gameplay I fell in love with in Fallout 3.

Im worried the game will have bugs; or Obsidian will destroy the game (I know, the team is from the Original Fallouts, but I didnt like those to begin with). But I hope they'll do good.

StarCraft 2 seems interesting; but not my cup-o-tea just yet.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
Starcraft has seemingly endless replay value.

In fallout, you will eventually do everything there is to do.

I go with Starcraft

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I don't think there are as many "RTS fans" on the Escapist as there are "screwing around in an electronic playground fans". I, sadly, find myself in the latter category. RTS games are designed to make me hate computer players, human players and everyone else who has ever existed.

I don't own any next-gen systems, though... that's not likely to change anytime soon, and that includes my computer. Top-of-the-line, but not a suped-up juggernaut so there's no way it could play a next-gen game.

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
Fallout New Vegas
I suck at RTS's. I play them, mainly to fuck around or dominate an easy-normal but totally screwed enemy.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Never played any of the previous Fallout games before 3, and never played Starcraft 1. Not to mention I've never been a fan of RTS games. Sure, I like building an army and wiping out my enemy to the single last villager with my car that fires FUCKING MISSILES...(Age Of Empires is the only one I've played and enjoyed)..but RTS just isn't my thing.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Fallout or die.

Seriously though, I was never really into Starcraft, it isn't my kind of RTS.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Fallout, easily. It's something I can get 100% of the intended experience out of without having to be stomped on by elitist assholes or Koreans.

Haloperidol

Oct 13, 2009
shaboinkin said:
Starcraft has seemingly endless replay value.

In fallout, you will eventually do everything there is to do.

I go with Starcraft
Very true, but that's what Bethesda's DLCs are for. Don't get me wrong, StarCraft's great, but I don't plan on waiting around another 10+ years for StarCraft III.