Poll: If you had to choose just one console for the rest of your life...

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Probably my Gamecube, because it has the most games I like for it, actually, maybe my Wii because it can play all my Gamecube Games along with My Wii ones and some ones for older systems too. So yeah probably the Wii.

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
PS3, no doubt. Blu Ray and vidya gamez ftw.
I would have said that it was basically a computer as well, but they had to remove other OS's.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Psycho-Toaster said:
well, I'd have a PC anyway, so I won't bother with any of them, thanks.
Well, I have a gaming PC, and half a dozen Consoles, so I'll bother with them.

Dreamcast all the way baby!

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
TheKasp said:
No PS2, no PS, no PC, no Dreamcast but load of Nintendo consoles. May we ask you why you chose those?
I too am appalled. Dreamcast was my answer too, then PS2, but since those aren't there I started wondering about my Saturn, Atari Jaguar, and TurboGrafx16.

I guess I'll vote Genesis...

edit: Hypothetically, I think the PS3 might be able to run genesis/snes/n64/ps1 emulators, and some of them can play PS2 and PS1 games, right? So it would be the "Correct" choice but I'm not sure. I'm still sticking with Genesis.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Seriouisly? we have the NES, SNES, 64, GC, and Neogeo but not the PS2? i call bullshit.

OT: I'll say the PS3. they're releasing the PS2 games on it so Im not really missing much. once they re-release Persona 3 Fes/Persona 4 combo pack and SWBF2, i'll be set.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm voting DS, because there are more games on that system that interest me than any other modern consoles combined. Add in the GBA compatibility, and I'll never get bored.

Voted SNES BTW.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
GameCube - with the game-boy player it can run those games too. And along with Pikmin games it's simply one of the best consoles to date - that and it's reliable and cheap!

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
PC. To the "isn't a dedicated gaming machine" - so? We're discussing a gaming platform, so what's the difference? To the "well, you can use emulators", yeah you can do the same thing on the consoles (not that they aren't completely shit on both ends for most things). So instead of throwing PC out as an option, just say something along the lines of "can only be used for games and only games that run natively on it".

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I would probally go 360 cause of the system has to my opinion the best selection of games,
but PC all the way I know that is not an option but its what I got.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
Which console would it be out of these 8 options?

Edit: I didn't put PC as an option because its function isn't a dedicated gaming machine, rather a utility with gaming options. And no, consoles aren't utilities with gaming options because they're built first and foremost for games, with the DVD and other capabilities tacked on for a wider market.
Also because you can (which I don't condone) emulate most console games on a PC and that defies my initial posting. Also not looking for modded consoles.
Wait, so your saying you can't pick a PC because it wins? Alrighty then....

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
The Gamecube being my favorite actual console, I'd have to go with it due to the great amount of games on it.

bpm195

May 21, 2008
I'm torn between PS3, Genesis, and nothing at all.

PS2 and PC are my top two by a huge margin: PC because I adore my mouse and mods, and PS2 because it has such a huge library of great titles that actually hold up without the nostalgia blinders on and the Dual Shock 2 is my favorite controller by far.

Most of the other stuff I wouldn't even bother plugging in if you gave it to me for free.