Poll: If you knew FOR A FACT that playing video games were slowly killing you...

crazeekamikazee

Jan 6, 2011
I would complete classic, and my fav games one more time. super mario, panzer dragoon 2, panzer dragoon saga, oblivion, final fantasy 5&9&10, The legend of zelda(link to the past, oracle of seasons/ages, links awakening), sonic jam, nights in to dreams, Dragoon force, golden sun 1& the lost ages. and never touch a game again.

I wouldn't play civilization, dynasty warriors, Tekken, dead or alive and blazblue. they would time vamp like a mofo.

I wouldn't wait long to see if i like a game or not.

I would do it if I had cancer or was in pain. it would be the best form of euthanasia.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
The obvious solution is to research when humanity is due to achieve immortality through technology, then carefully ration my videogames so I run out of time exactly as my brain is placed into my shiny new mechanical body.

Actually no that's not obvious at all, it's complicated, convoluted and completely insane. Suits me!

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
That'd be pretty brutal. If I played two hours a day for five days a week, my lifespan would drop by 25% o_O

In that case, I'd only play games I'm reasonably sure are really, really good. No more Newgrounds or trying out new MMOs and such. And I'd only play single player games, because online play is the devil even when it doesn't slowly kill you.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
I suppose I would stop. I'm already having to cut my play time down because so many darn games nowadays seem to make me queasy when I play them, so to cut them totally would not be a real stretch.

Books and Movies FTW.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Honestly 1:1 isnt that bad , for 100 hours of gaming you lose 100 hours of your life, that only translates to 4 days ( and 4 hours ). Give me a second lemme get my calculator. 24 hours X 365 days = 8760 hours of gameplay to lose a year of your life. Thats a fair Trade , i mean after 8760 hours of playing a game , instead of dying at age 81 you die at 80 . Not too bad if you ask me.

EDIT : i miss read its 1:4 well damn gotta get out my calculator again , for 2190 hours of game play, you lose a year of your life, still not really that bad hahaha :) but worst than before , but still not that bad.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
All that is doing is accelerating entropy. Everything is slowly killing us, we just have to decide what is most important.

Gorobrin

Mar 16, 2011
I honestly get loving video games. but the ratio is just to great. if you voted yes than you have a serious problem in my opinion. There is just so much more to enjoy besides video games and i sometimes feel i lose enough time with just playing them but to lose an extra 4 for each hour would just be ridiculous.

May 5, 2010
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. If I'm going to invent myself a robot body and live forever, I need all the time I can get. After that's done, I can play games to my heart's content.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So what you're saying is that it would be like smoking, except no hacking and coughing or other ill effects other than dying earlier than normal. I see. Tell me, where is the downside? Because I just don't see it.