Poll: If you love Horror games vote YES!

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
I don't just love horror games, I LOOOOVVVEEE Horror games! Movies just dont have the same thrill as games for me. So vote yes if your like me and love your scares. If you do vote yes give some honorable mentions out to your favorite horror video games and suggest some maybe not well know titles.

In no particular order: Call of Cuthulu Dark Corners of the Earth, Fatal Frame 1, Fatal Frame 2, Fatal Frame 3 and Clock Tower 3.
If you haven't played these. BUY THEM NOW!

Birdman1604

Sep 3, 2009
Where's the option for "they're ok once and a while", because that's what I wanna vote.

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
Darkness within
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Love them. Favorites are Amnesia, Darkness Within 1 & 2, and Alone in the Dark 1, 2 & 3
Darkness within? What are those?

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
I actually really love the "horror" levels in otherwise mostly non-horror games.

The Hotel from Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines springs to mind.
The Shalebridge Cradle from Thief: Deadly Shadows is also the epitome of this.

Games such as Fear and Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark get rather repetitive when you know you're going to be attacked. Fear becomes meaningless when death is just a reload away. However, when one of the non-horror games interjects a horror level into the mix, I'm already immersed and it makes me happy.

That being said, I loved Amnesia.

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
I so wish I could love horror games, but every single one of them scares the crap out of me. I think tolerance level peaks at the witch sections in L4D. Yeah, it's that low. It gets to the point where I'm no longer having any fun and am just terrified. And no, I don't enjoy being terrified.

That one time when I was reading a walkthrough so my friend could get through Dead Space, and me not reading that there was a monster that would pop out during one section, gave me a heart attack.

SarcasmoPope

Dec 22, 2010
Horror games fuck my head. Even games that aren't horror. The first time I found an alien in Crysis it hadn't seen me and was looking the other way. It was blocking the way through. It took me half an hour, no kidding, to work up the courage to shoot it. The whole alien chapter cost me pants. Endless pants.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
i'm okay with horror games but only if i know they're horror games. Sigularity really pissed me off becuase i bought thinking it was a action game(it even advertised itself as such) but NOPE, bam, horror game.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Silent Hill 1-3 and Amnesia

I'm more the survivor horror type of girl though