Poll: If you were forced, would you cut off a man's arm or leg?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I'd cut off his leg because if I had to lose one it is the one that I would chose. My reasoning is that I use my legs for standing and propulsion only, where as I use my arms for holding, manipulation, moving, etc. My leg would be easier to replace and in an average day I touch more with my hands than I do with my feet, so I would lose out on a lot more (touchscreens, holding hands, using remotes, etc)

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Leg. Feet are nowhere near as important to humans as arms. Legs are also actually possible to replace, whereas there is no complete substitute for opposable thumbs.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Leg. He can get any sort of solid... something to use as a replacement leg, and he could get a cane if he really needs it. Basically, it's easier to replace a leg, so that's what he's loosing.

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
I would go for the arm, because it's slimmer than the leg and sawing through the biggest bone in a human body could be a pain (snicker)

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Leg definately, as said in nearly every post, the prothetics are just better for walking based limbs than grabby based limbs. (Note, does not apply to monkeys, since all 4 are sort of walky grabby limbs)

nitemarez

Sep 21, 2009
*pulls out an angle grinder*

Decision, decision...

FUCK IT!

*cuts of his arms, his legs, his head, his other head, and then used a bone saw to cut all the parts into little cubes that will be perserved and later put back together with ALOT of toothpicks*

ryderawsome

Apr 23, 2009
peg legs make you look like an awesome pirate. hook hands make you look like you kill sexy teenagers on a mountain

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Leg; cuz you can't play videogames without two working hands. I... just couldn't do that to someone. It's inuman, I tell you! INHUMAN!

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Assuming the limb is irreplacable by any means, i picked leg. If you can't run/walk/hope/skip/mosey/step/etc etc etc, you're pretty bedly disabled. I'd just like to say that i'd pick the right or left arm depending on which one he uses primarily. If the person in ambidextrous it shouldn't matter.

mcl323

Sep 30, 2009
If you lose a leg (I'd take the left one) your life doesn't have to change much except exchanging your manual (stick) car for an automatic.
If you lose either of your arms you lose out on a lot (e.g. ease of eating, playing console games, playing piano).

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
The choice here is obvious. In todays society if you don't have a hand you're pretty much doomed. We've got the technology to replace a leg since you don't need every single finger to walk or even run. Your hand, however, performs complex motions that are needed to use even the simplest calculator. Since we're heavy on computers these days, losing a hand is pretty much equal to having a stroke. Even if you survive the ordeal you're still left with the inability to perform even the simplest of tasks.