Poll: I'm Batman.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I think I'm probably the only person on earth who actually prefers the Joel Schumacher films to the more modern Batman films. Something about the campyness of Batman and Robin makes it my all time favorite Batman film. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff too, but I just think Batman and Robin is the best. Batman himself, to me, has always been fairly boring, its his enemies that are more interesting. In Batman and Robin, the enemies are larger than life, which is what makes the movie shine.

Remember! Always winterize your pipes!

haha, classic.

doggie135

Feb 2, 2011
I don't mean any offense, but I agree with Yahtzee's quote in Arkham Asylum: "Batman is the least interesting character in anything he's in".

To me, it's all about the environment and circumstances surrounding Batman. For that, I'm going to have to say the Christopher Nolan films.

Sorry :/ (Not a troll)

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:

You forgot the Batman surfing thing. Adam West hands DOWN.
Watched that and the helicopter one. There's campy and then there's THAT!

OT: Miller, just for the screenshot you linked.

Oct 30, 2010
Oops, I totally misread the poll. Really anything other than Joel Schumaker's. Gun to my head Grant Morrison's; terrible shit happens but it isn't exclusively doom and gloom. If I have to pick from the pole, '98 animated.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I would be the batman of the 32nd millennium, have thousands of superhumans at my command, and have bat ears on my helmet

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I apologize for my failure to include Batman: The Brave and The Bold, which is about a 2.5 on the scale I provided.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
While Adam West is freaking hilarious as Batman, I had to pick Tim Burton. Batman himself wasn't too remarkable in his movies, but Jack Nicholson made the perfect Joker (Well, so did Heath Ledger, but whatever)

Nazgual

Apr 16, 2011
Within reason. So that rules out Frank Miller's Crazy Steve from All-Star and DK2. I don't even consider that to be gritty, just ridiculously stupid. I will also say that Batman doesn't always need to be dark.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
keideki said:
I think I'm probably the only person on earth who actually prefers the Joel Schumacher films to the more modern Batman films. Something about the campyness of Batman and Robin makes it my all time favorite Batman film. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff too, but I just think Batman and Robin is the best. Batman himself, to me, has always been fairly boring, its his enemies that are more interesting. In Batman and Robin, the enemies are larger than life, which is what makes the movie shine.

Remember! Always winterize your pipes!

haha, classic.
Don't worry, you're not alone. The Joel Schumacher films have always been my favorite Batman media. Now I wanna watch Batman and Robin...

Aside from those, I gotta go with the 93 Batman cartoon or Adam West as good Batman media. Other than that, I've always been more partial to Robin myself so Teen Titans is my all time favorite.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Souplex said:
So for those of you who are unaware, DC had itself a little reboot.
In this reboot, Batman has been given four of the 52 new titles. (If you count his affiliates such as NightWing, BatGirl, BatWoman, Teen Titans having Red Robin in it, Batwing, and Red Hood, there are actually ten I can think of) Two of these titles have decided to go in the ultra-gritty direction, which I don't approve of. Someone must approve of it though, or they wouldn't do it. As such, I must ask: How gritty do you like your Batman?
If you're going to do a poll like this, at least try and not make it so obviously biased. Yeah, fine, you don't like Christian Bale's Batman voice, but you didn't have to go make everyone who actually likes Christopher Nolan's interpretation feel about as welcome as a turd on the dinner table.

On Topic: Nolan's version is the only one I really know, and I love it, so I guess I have to go with that. However, I have heard good things about the animated series and was planning on getting into it at some point.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I really like the new dark knight alot because the movies and games are action packed thrill rides, but on the other hand Adam west is just too damn fun to ignore, cant decide...

Quick Robin, get the Decision helping spray!

*Sprays on self*

Its gonna have to be Adam west.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
'Bee's,my God'

Despite the above hilarious quote I'm all about the animated series 1993. Beautiful look, great stories, and wonderfully voiced characters.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
I hate Bale's voice, but everything else about the Nolan version of Batman is, in my opinion, superior to the rest. Though Adam West's Batman is great too.