Poll: I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite store on the Citadel... or is it?

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
We've all heard it. We all know it. We all (begrudgingly) love it. It's even become memetic on youtube.

So with the outright hilarity of Shepard being able to endorse so many stores in the Citadel with seemingly no repercussions, do you think it'll have a backlash in ME3? People might start asking questions, wondering if there's a Shepard impersonator out there...

Frankly, it was so bizarrely handled in-game that Bioware must be aware of the community's response to that one delightfully overused phrase. I'm wondering if good things will happen to players who only endorsed one store in ME2.

And for added discussion value that's on topic, was there anything in either ME1 or ME2 that you dismissed as trivial, but later found to have an impact? Or something along those lines that you expect to carry over into ME3? Or failing that, is there anything you'd like to see carried over that would've otherwise been a trivial choice by the player?

Apr 28, 2008
The whole thing is just delightfully silly, so I hope that the consequences(if there are any) are also delightfully silly.

As for the second question, not really. We'll see what happens in ME3. But the choices in ME1/2 didn't really do much to be honest. Although seeing that one Asari I saved on Feros come to Ilium all green and everything was pretty interesting.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
I hope so. I really hope so. I hope an angry mob of shopkeepers come after Shepard for duping them all.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Irridium said:
The whole thing is just delightfully silly, so I hope that the consequences(if there are any) are also delightfully silly.

As for the second question, not really. We'll see what happens in ME3. But the choices in ME1/2 didn't really do much to be honest. Although seeing that one Asari I saved on Feros come to Ilium all green and everything was pretty interesting.
Would be funny, just like with the Fanboy Stalker.

Apr 28, 2008
boag said:
Irridium said:

Would be funny, just like with the Fanboy Stalker.
Yeah. Shame Conrad was bugged though. In ME2 he always acted like you were renegade towards him in ME1. Even if you weren't.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Curses! I saw the last item only after I voted! Bah. Seriously though, considering how Bioware works with jokes I totally expect it to happen at some point.

fdbluth

Dec 31, 2010
Irridium said:
Yeah. Shame Conrad was bugged though. In ME2 he always acted like you were renegade towards him in ME1. Even if you weren't.
Not really. Even the paragon Shepard told Conrad to basically fuck off, just in a nicer way than threatening bodily harm. Conrad's just an entitled douche.

Penitent

Oct 25, 2008
fdbluth said:
Irridium said:
Not really. Even the paragon Shepard told Conrad to basically fuck off, just in a nicer way than threatening bodily harm. Conrad's just an entitled douche.
We'd be able to argue that if Conrad hadn't outright recalled how Shepard pointed a gun at him - the renegade resolution to their subplot. Hopefully we'll be able to see Conrad be a hero in his own way Paragon-style in ME3.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Wow, I really hope my Shepard doesn't fail in his mission to stop the Reapers because he duped a bunch of shopkeepers...

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I hope they do something. If they do do it (and I can't imagine whey they wouldn't) it could possibly be one of the best easter-eggs in any game, ever. It would just have to be very silly. Let us hope they remember. *crosses fingers*

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Irridium said:

They better make the Rachni choice have some awesome outcomes. That was WAY too big a moment to just have some random character come up to you and say 'oh ya she says hi'.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Um... where exactly is Shepard going to get weapons... with the fucking Reapers attacking everything! D:

Seriously, as cute as that argument is. I got the impression that they were going for a more in-the-field approach to ME3.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Irridium said:

They better make the Rachni choice have some awesome outcomes. That was WAY too big a moment to just have some random character come up to you and say 'oh ya she says hi'.
I'm thinking you can recruit them for war if you saved them. Of course I don't actually know what happened in the first game other than you didn't kill them (or did). I played the PS3 version.

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
Inkidu said:
Um... where exactly is Shepard going to get weapons... with the fucking Reapers attacking everything! D:

Seriously, as cute as that argument is. I got the impression that they were going for a more in-the-field approach to ME3.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite hole in the ground that used to be New York City."

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'm hoping there are enough recruitable characters to replace the 8 I intentionally killed in one of my playthrough's in order to see what the consequence would be.

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
Well, I did find it kind of odd how no one ever noticed more than one shop had Sheppard's approval. Bioware, if you read this, I expect a match up between Sheppard and some angry shopkeepers in ME3.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
This annoyed me story wise in ME2. Somehow being a lying sellout for multiple stores is considered "paragon." This either really stupid or truly brilliant showing that the paragon/renegade moral paths are more ambiguous than they first appear.