Poll: I'm embarased to be called a pc gamer

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
More Fun To Compute said:
Self esteem based on choice of consumer goods is overrated and PC gamer is pretty much just a statement of fact rather than an ideology for most of us. I wouldn't expect a Mac owner to understand that though.
Great post.

OT - I'm a PC gamer that's occasionally a little annoyed, but not really embarrassed, with the PC gamer elitism. There's no reason to be elitist. Anyone with sufficient experience with both PC and console gaming knows that the PC is the superior platform for just about every type of game, with platforming being a big exception. Of course, I can plug an analog stick controller into my PC and have the best of both worlds when it comes to platformers.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Funny that the OP is getting flamed by other PC gamers after saying he's ashamed of their behavior.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
LitleWaffle said:
Those people that you mention seem to me as PC Elitists, which everyone hates.

Basic Function of how this works:
PC Elitists = hated by everyone except themselves
PC Gamers = hated by Console Elitists
Console Gamers = hated by PC Elitists
Console Elitists = hated by everyone except themselves
Meanwhile PC and Console Gamers have minor mediocre deputes in a normally gentleman manner, where each side describes their preferences and talks about it.

From your reactions to the PC Elitists, you seem to be a PC Gamer and not one of those morons.
Congratulations, we respect you.
wow this is just like the political spectrum lol

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
MarcusMang said:
twistedheat15 said:
Since you play on a mac, I don't think most of them would consider you one of them anyway so.... :D
That's another thing; you cant just play on a PC, you need to have the RIGHT PC and if it's a Mac or costs less than $1400 you get shunned by the community.
which is ironic, because Mac's are usually very expensive.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
More Fun To Compute said:
Self esteem based on choice of consumer goods is overrated and PC gamer is pretty much just a statement of fact rather than an ideology for most of us. I wouldn't expect a Mac owner to understand that though.
And boom goes the dynamite!

I enjoyed it, anyways. Probably because Apple wants me to pay for ring tone versions of songs I already fucking own.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
direkiller said:
Hyper-space said:
komissar_kurwy said:
MarcusMang said:
twistedheat15 said:
Since you play on a mac, I don't think most of them would consider you one of them anyway so.... :D
That's another thing; you cant just play on a PC, you need to have the RIGHT PC and if it's a Mac or costs less than $1400 you get shunned by the community.
That's bullshit. If anything, it would be the other way around: if you're not capable of assembling your own rig for less than 900$ then you'd deserve some flaming.
Hell, my rig cost around 732$ (give or take a few thousand ISK).
You know u play too much eve when ...

OT: Stop caring what outer people think. You happen to enjoy certain games that happen to be on a PC. Your views are going to differ with outer people that enjoy different games that happen to be on a computer. Just don't associate your viewpoints with theirs.
ISK is actually the currency of Iceland, more often called Króna.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I'm happy calling myself a PC gamer, actually. I have been for... about 13 years now? ^_^
Not about to stop now.

Luckily, while I have many console and/or PC gaming friends, none of them really care overly about such silly things. Ditto for me.
If you're a gamer, then it doesn't matter what, precisely, you game on.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Lol, if anyone is "proud" of the platform they play games on.. well, they are beyond any form of help to begin with.

just ban me

Sep 19, 2010
minxamo said:
I sometimes play games on pc, but i would NEVER want to be called a 'PC gamer'

i just can't stand most of them.
I am with you on that one.I play some PC games but mostly prefer my 360 or PS3 but to each their own.It's their money after all

Azulito

Jan 1, 2009
You shouldn't be embarrassed o-O

Your choice of console is a preference. I love PC gaming because of mouse and keyboard control making it perfect for First Person Shooters. Sure a few PC gamers are dicks, but so are PS3 users, Xbox360 users, etc. Some people are just dicks, regardless of consoles.

stinkychops said:
No you don't. PC communities are all about bragging about their PCs power, but no-one actually cares. They're also largely about getting things cheap. Thats why they build there own etc.
I honestly can't detect which side you're on but people just naturally brag. Kids brag aboout their console and bash on the ones they don't have, people brag about how many games they have, etc.

PC Gamers aren't all about getting things cheap, sure games are cheaper by £10 for PC, but keep in mind that we face the issue that we need to upgrade over time to be able to run newer games, the upgrades can cost up to £400 ($650-ish), so thats 40 games worth of money with the price 'gaps' Given PC games are commonly £10 cheaper than PS3/Xbox360 Releases. I admit that I do like the cheapness, but who doesn't like saving money? Hell, I buy my PS3 games from E-Bay for like.. £10 each :p

Console gamers do not suffer from the upgrading issues and they aren't restricted by DRM so all in all I think the costs roughly balance themselves out.

To Everyone:
Artists are artists regardless of media.
Writers are writes regardless of how they write.
Gamers are gamers regardless of gaming platform.

Stop finding reasons to fight eachother ¬_¬

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
I am a PC Gamer and proud of it. Of course, I am a bit snobby about it at times, though I'm working on becoming less snobby.
If anyone asks what platform I play on, it's an instant and assured 'PC'.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Mcface said:
Lol, if anyone is "proud" of the platform they play games on.. well, they are beyond any form of help to begin with.
Is it that bad to be proud of something I worked for months to afford, spend weeks to research and a day to build and set up? I guess I just can't be helped. Oh dear.

Just like those fuckers who build their own house and then have the audacity to stand there in their driveway with their hands on their waist, looking at their new roof with a smug look on their face and are proud of themselves. It's not like it's a big deal. They could just have moved into a flat like me and shut up.

Sure plugging in an Xbox is nothing special but if you build your own computer, it works and you saved a bit of money by doing it yourself, you are allowed to be proud.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Azulito said:
To Everyone:
Artists are artists regardless of media.
Writers are writes regardless of how they write.
Gamers are gamers regardless of gaming platform.

Stop finding reasons to fight eachother ¬_¬
Well you win Best post of the day for me, you deserve a cookie :)

unfortunately i can't get onto Google Images :( internet is being funny today.

OT: I would contribute to the thread, but i wasn't planning on posting till i saw this... :p sorry!

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Hateren47 said:
Mcface said:
Is it that bad to be proud of something I worked for months to afford, spend weeks to research and a day to build and set up?
Yeah, pretty much.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Hateren47 said:
Mcface said:
Is it that bad to be proud of something I worked for months to afford, spend weeks to research and a day to build and set up? I guess I just can't be helped. Oh dear.

Just like those fuckers who build their own house and then have the audacity to stand there in their driveway with their hands on their waist, looking at their new roof with a smug look on their face and are proud of themselves. It's not like it's a big deal. They could just have moved into a flat like me and shut up.

Sure plugging in an Xbox is nothing special but if you build your own computer, it works and you saved a bit of money by doing it yourself, you are allowed to be proud.
Question tho. Are you proud of your PC you've built or the fact that you play games on a PC? There is a difference, big one too.
I can be proud of work i do on my PC, be it writing, doodling or digital sculpting, none of which i can really do on consoles because they lack the 'horsepower' and peripherals for it, but playing a game?
It's just entertainment, it's like arguing whenever watching a movie on Sony brand TV is somewhat reason to feel better than a person that watched the same film on LG.

Yes i use PC exclusively, mostly because 1 - consoles are waste of money for me due to being limited to games only and 2 - console titles do not interest me but that's all there is to it, 3 - i like to be able to choose whatever is inside my platform and ability to upgrade it whenever i need to do so. That's all there is to it.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
MarcusMang said:
twistedheat15 said:
Most Macs cost far more than $1400 dollars, and are significantly more shitty at playing games than an $800 laptop.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd rather be a Gamer...who enjoys joys all three.
Handheld, PC, & Console.

PC Gamer, Handheld Gamer, Console Gamer = Fanboy Gamers.