Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Invincibility. Grab a bow and arrow and go Rambo on the (evil of the) world. If I get caught, let them try to execute me: Either I'll just dangle on the rope till I get bored, the electricity will feel like a tickle, I'll sit there petting the sharks underwater, the bullets will bounce off, the axeblade will crack, or the cyanide will do nothing. Then I'll break out inside their base and wreak general havoc.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Invincibility, you could help the world a lot more instead of living an eternity for yourself.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Immortality, I'd like to see what happens to the world and what technology comes along in 300 years, although if we don't fix the AC in this ***** I'd choose invincibility.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Invincibility. After the 2nd lifetime you're likely to be killed by something so imortality will only let you live, on average, say 150/200 years (Not solid numbers, but it could be worked out). If I was invincible I would have LOADS of fun.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Lost Odyssey has taught me immortality would be no fun so I'm going with invincibility.

nokelso

May 24, 2009
Immortality, because I have to many things I want to do in life. I'd be able to end my life when I want it to end, given I don't get shot fatally.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Invincibility. I really don't want to live forever. Probably not even invincibility. Life might get boring if I can't get hurt every once in a while.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
I'd choose invincibility. Purely for the freedom.

Basically, invincibility is living life to the full, burning fast and hard. Immortality is taking it slow, waiting and observing.

Immortality would be fine by me too. Learning, observing and teaching the world.

Lord Thodin said:
Immortality. Invincibility seems attractive right off the bat, but Immortality is better for me in the long term. After being alive for a couple Million years i would evolve past my physical manifestation and eventually become both Immortal and Invincible. Win win folks.
This is very true.

My only problem with immortality would be the possibility that humans may evolve at some point, leaving me an immortal reminder of lesser human beings.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Immortality because it gives you option to see future, as you live longer and not getting killed in all these years seems esay because if I had a superpower like this I wouldn't tell it to nobody.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Immortality seems a bad choice in my opinion. The only real advantage is you get to watch people over time. You would be just as vulnerable as you are now so random accident could take you out anyway. "I'm immortal I'll live forever, wonder what I'll be doing in four hundred ye-" BOOM! Hit by car, dead.

Invincibility guarantees a payoff at the very least. You'll live a normal life but in an awesome way. I'd get a job as a daredevil/stunt man and rob banks in broad daylight in the afternoon. Then I'd bring the money back and have a laugh with the law enforcement over their feeble efforts to stop me.

Choice is easy for me.

littlerob

May 11, 2009
I think there needs to be more options.

1. Immortality - you're immune to natural causes of death (old age, disease, etc)

2. Invincibility - you're immune to unnatural causes of death (stabbings, etc)

3. Invulnerability - you're immune to harm (pain, etc)

4. Invisibility - you're immune to light

5. Immorality - you're immune to cute little puppydog eyes and complaining mothers associations

6. Indivisibility - you're immune to calculators and (hey, bonus) dismemberment

So go, escapists! Which would you choose?

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Immortality, because in the future they may have something that makes people invincible.

And as of my post its dead looked! WOW!

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
Invincibility, without thinking twice. Can you imagine how paranoid one would get, knowing that they could live forever if they managed to avoid external harm? You'd end up living in a sealed, padded box in fear of the tiniest scratch.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
If you are immortal, you can't die, so isn't it basically the same thing?

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
It's almost a tie right now. Maybe that's because the two terms are almost interchangable in most people's minds.

Syvari

Aug 22, 2008
Immortality. Living forever for billions of years through the future would be worth it, even if I had to float through space after the sun exploded.