Poll: iPod Hate or Love?

Ben Jamin

Apr 15, 2009
I like the Ipod. Is small and lets me listen to music.
Also Itunes is not too difficult to use so that aswell.

Love the Whole package.

LopezMeister

Apr 13, 2009
iPod's are Ok, the software is irritating and I dislike the fact that it uses a different audio file to EVERY OTHER MUSIC PLAYER IN EXISTENCE. This is easily rectified but when the day comes that I replace my iPod with a non apple product then I'm going to have to wait for iTunes to sift through 10GB of music turning it into mp3.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hate 'em.
I owned one.
iTunes is stupid, but not the worst aspect.
No way to exchange the freaking battery?
What the hell is that?
I have a cheaper, more basic mp3-player now that uses AAA-batteries and I freaking love it.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Ipods are okay but they are so expensive.. You can buy a regular mp3 player with like 16 gig for less than 100 euros

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Ok well first if you have a Mac (as I do) then there is literally no other option because the software for all the rest if incompatible with mac. Also iTunes is a much better program than media player... I notice you don't mention why don't like it, just that it is inconvenient, it's not that bad and I'm guessing the real reason you don't like it is because of it's copyright laws which prevent you sharing music and what not... Well like the rest of us either live it or get around it (as I did) not hard and despite what you might think the iPod is the most popular MP3 on the market for a reason...

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
My ipod decided life wasn't worth living after two months, and apple refused to give me any remote form of customer support (which eventually left me $500 out of pocket for a lump of metal), I also hate itunes so I'm going to go right ahead and vote hate the whole package. It was good before it killed itself I guess...

*edit* I'm bored so I've decided to come back and state why itunes is and will remain inferior to WMP (which is not a high bar). Thibgs that WMP does better than itunes include.
-Background processes, it is a media player. It does not permanantly need two services
running.
-UI, most modern media players display album are above the name, allowing people who have
large librarys to quickly find bands/songs they can't necissarily remember the name of. In
fairness it has been a while since I've bothered with itunes, but it's not been obvious in
any of the newer builts. Windows media player does this, the zune media player does this
well as do most 3rd party media players.
-performance, again this was a long time ago and on my old computer, but at the time itunes
was painfully slow (both in updating and running) and became all but impossible to use for
casually listening to music. Windows media player 9 (which was what was on the old
computer) worked flawlessly (although the UI was equally bad), windows media player 10 was
installed sometime down the line and also ran perfectly.
-constant updates, look I understand that the software needs to be tweaked every now and
then, but there don't need to be so many small, irrelevant updates, it just gets annoying
when you want to listen to music.
The only thing I can think of that itunes does/did better than media player is the editing of song information, which wmp is renowned for doing badly.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Love the high quality of music and the random crap that is on the touch (games and a graphics calc.) but hate the fact that it is too fragile. Like god i dropped it in class on day landed on the switch and had to send for repairs...that was 2 months ago and i still havent got it back.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Love the ipod despise the itunes and store :| never even got around to doing anything in the store because its not friendly to me :( (won't let me register :S)

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I have had my 30gig Ipod for 3 years now and it has always been nice to me. I don't see why everyone has to have the 'newest' one. Also, why does everyone like small ones, sooo fiddly to use, and much less space.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
I like my ipod but am on the fence when it comes to itunes.

By the way, do any of the numerous computer (I dont want to use this word but...) nerds know what
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is and how to turn it off?

Mertruve

Feb 9, 2009
Love the high quality of music
You're not using the standard earphones then?

I still do not see why nobody will release an MP3 player with one or two Micro SDHC slots on it.
There were SD-enabled mp3 players even before the iPod, for SDHC check out iriver E100 or KanaSD (I would recommend Cowon iaudio D2, but it's pretty big - almost Nano size).

I love my ipod, its the best mp3 player type thing on the market for a reason
lolwut

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
The last option suits best for me. I have an ipod because a friend could get one cheap and I thought 'what the hell'. But I really hate Itunes and ipods dependance on it.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
I have the new iPod Nano and it works allright, a lot of memory 8gb, more than enough for me

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Couldn't care less.
I use a generic MP3 player that gets the job done just fine.
This.
I don't see why I'd need to fork over nearly 5 times as much money for an iPod when my Creative player has yet to let me down.

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
iTunes is Apple's way of saying 'FUCK YOU WINDOWS USERS!' and the only way of punishing them for not owning a Mac.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
I've used two different MP3 players. A Creative one and and an iPod nano. The iPod is just better in almost every regard and the main reason I see people using iPods is that it's just a superior quality product at almost the same price as the competing products. Never had any problems with it, the iTunes installed nicely and works without fuss in my win XP. So far I've got nothing to complain about my iPod.