Poll: Is Commander Shepard (male) coming out of the closet in your game?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
My Shepard's going to be all non-conformist and just have sex with human females. Cos that's the sort of thing Blayze Shepard does.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I play a Male Shepard. I might do it for giggles. The absurdity of it should be hilarious. Seeing as how it has never even been hinted at as a possibility.

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
No, but only because I am female and heterosexual and want to personally identify with my Shepard.... Do I think it is a good thing? Yeah, sure.... Why should homosexual gamers miss out?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
My Main Shpeards(a Paragon Male and a Renegade Female) probably won't, but i may go down a gay option just for fun afterwards.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
He would, if I could finish a playthrough with Man!Shep. I've tried a couple of times, but after half an hour or so, I just miss Jennifer Hale.
And I literally cannot conceive of a legitimate reason why the option should bother anybody. Your character development will only get derailed if you choose to hit on Wrex. Or whoever.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Dulcinea said:
Who is this male Shepard? I do not know of them.
I think I can savely say; This!

In my book Shepard is female. And no one can take that away!

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Commander Shepard is female and out. I don't know who that guy on the cover is. Looks like a soccer champion, not a spess mehreen.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
my shep is a male, did it with liara, then tried everyone in ME2 but failed, but succeed with tali :D. liara did kick me in the balls for that (how the F did she knew?) and both games is chose my romance based on how the character on its self reacted to it. so if the homosexuals are jumping on me (especaily becaise tali is dead :( i wont have a problem with that, but i can't be sure...

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Im playing full bisexual female Shepard, huge shiporgy is my only mission

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
My canon Shep's been celibate for to full games. Poor guy doesn't even get a picture of Kaidan to stare at longingly. I will definitely be going after the m/m option this time around, and I'm happy to hear the ME team is finally being more inclusive. If the DA writers can do it, there's no reason the ME ones can't either.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
mireko said:
Commander Shepard is female and out. I don't know who that guy on the cover is. Looks like a soccer champion, not a spess mehreen.
bwahahaha.

I'll have a crack at Male Shep if they improve the voice acting, he sounds so wooden.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Nah my Shep is the Kirk of the ME universe.He likes the babes particularly the alien ones

As for the inclusion of gay male options hell why not.Didn't bother me in the Dragon Age games(in fact I was a little bit flattered when Anders came on to me)

MLionheart

May 21, 2011
Maybe. I'm going to have a playthrough with each love interest anyway, so unles I don't like them as characters I might. Although, i find each of the female LI attractive in there own way and that wont happen with any male LIs. Then again before I got DA2 I considered romancing Anders because I thought he was a great character in Awakening, but I liked the personalities of Isalbella and Merril so decided against it. So I don't know.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Yup, but on my 3rd or 4th playthrough once I finish playing through with my main character...

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
One of my male Shepard's, sure. The others have Tali and Miranda to worry about.

..And only if Garrus is available, damnit!