Poll: Is Commander Shepard (male) coming out of the closet in your game?

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Probably not, who would man Shep go gay for anyways?

Kaiden? Yeah.....not gonna happen. I have no intrest in Carth's gay brother.
Garrus? Well he is a walking meme, but he just isn't that intresting to me.
Jacob? You mean the guy who made me long for Kaiden. The character i'd forget it it wasn't for how creepy his romance scene was? No.
Thane? The idea of him being an alien assassin is kind of funny, but he wasn't overly intresting either.

So unless there's some amazing Christopher Walken esque character being added then I won't be making Ryan Secrest Shepard.

FemShep on the other hand.....She is so gonna jump Jack's bones.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My Shep is with Liara, so no. But that's only my main Shep. I'm sure I'll go back and give the gayness a try.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
My male Shepard has always been straight in my mind (romancing Ashley) while I always pictured my female Shepard as being a lesbian (romancing Liara) so I'll have the opportunity to go through the coming out phase of ME3 both ways.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Eh? Who's this "male" Commander Shepard you speak of?

Observation: Ah fluffernutters. Someone beat me to it.

Addendum: Ah well, it's all good. Ashley does owe my FemShep a "girls' night out", wink wink.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Probably not. He's been saving himself for Ashley for the whole of Mass Effect 2.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Why not? "Yeah, Tali. I know that night we shared was magical and all...but...I was thinking of Garrus the whole time.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
High-five for Jason Shepard!
Nope, I'm sticking with Tali. Although Ashley's probably going to kill me for it.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
It is now possible for all of my Shepards to romance Garrus.

Thus, all of my Shepards will romance Garrus.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
I don't have a problem with gay romances, but why are they making such a huge deal out of it? It's a game about space travel and shit, Christ.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
No. Tali and Liara would be very upset with both of my Shepards. Also, my femShep has dibs on Garrus. Sorry potential Man on Man Shepard. Maybe next time.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
My renegade is. Considering how he looks like a black drill sergeant, it should be interesting indeed.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Nah, unless somehow Miranda turned my Shepard gay. Which...is completely impossible. Unless he listens to her talk. Seriously.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Dulcinea said:
Who is this male Shepard? I do not know of them.
Pretty much this. Advertising campaign and canon be damned, as far as I'm concerned Shepard is female. Jennifer Hale made the character a lot more believable than Mark Meer ever did.[footnote]Nothing against him personally, he just couldn't compete with Jennifer Hale and was a little too much "cheesy generic space marine" for my tastes. Especially as a renegade. !MShep just generally came off as kind of a dick in a lot of the renegade dialogue options, while !FemShep generally sounded more badass. [/footnote]

I'm certainly happy that they're including the extra options though. Whether I end up using them or not, it's a good thing that they are there.

Chelsea O'shea

May 20, 2010
Friendshipandmagic said:
Mine can't come out of the closet, she was gay in the first game.

I don't care what anyone has to say on that either, the Asari are an all female race it said so in the codex. Therefore my Femshep was gay.

Didn't choose a romance in the second game either, can't wait to see if her loyalty is paying off.
it paid off in lair of the shadow broker so it should in 3 aswell

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I like to roleplay as myself in games like ME2, making the decisions I would in that situation, not based on the morality of it or anything like that. So, me being straight, No, my shepard is not gay.