Poll: Is fallout 3 better than Oblivion?

May 27, 2008
I voted for Fallout 3

fix-the-spade said:
I prefferred Fallout 3, primarily because to me Scifi > Fantasy.
Having said that I still didn't like Fallout 3's shooting mechanic.

Psychosocial said:
VS threads, my arch nemesis.
At least it's about games and not Chuck Norris vs Joseph Stalin vs Samurai Jack.
also Stalin would win

VTSK

Jun 3, 2008
Both games are pretty mediocre. The combat sucks in both, the AI is really crappy in both, and both are very unpolished/glitchy. The main thing Fallout 3 has over Oblivion is that in Fallout you have more choice over what your character says, and the things you say/do actually have some effect in Fallout 3. In Oblivion, all your character ever seems to say is "what happens now" or things along that line. Even when you do have multiple dialogue choices, they almost never make a difference beyond getting slightly different dialogue from the character you're talking to (if even.) The only quest I found to be at all interactive in Oblivion (beyond deciding whether to do it or not) was the Glarthir quest (that was actually interesting.)

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
Honestly i hated Fallout 3 with an extreme passion. On the other hand Oblivion is one of my fav. games of all time.
Zeeky_Santos said:
Fallout 3 is oblivion with guns. it has been said many times but really, which is better? an auto-aiming system and guns versus none of that?
I really really could not disagree more. IMO the shooting was terrible, i didnt like the VATS, and overall the world, while impressive in scope, was really boring and blnd to me. Also i loved all the guild quests in Oblivion it made the world feel more immersive and alive to me. Fallouts towns just really did nothing for me and i found myself really bored. Also whoever decided you needed to carry two of something to repair it should be shot(JK but you know what i mean) Sure its realistic but sometimes i just want to have fun in a game. Just hitting things with hammers in Oblivion was real enough for me to repair my items. /Rant

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
The main problem with Oblivion is that...installing all the mods to make it a good game takes more time than installing the game itself.

Really after you install more than 2gb of mods in Oblivion its so much better than FO3(with mods too).

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
Fallout wins hands down.
--Bethesda resolved a lot of the bugs that plagued the first game
--Combat is more fun with V.A.T.S.
--Quite a bit more immersive than Oblivion
--Main story is much more worth it, while in Oblivion, the only part really worth it was all of the awesome side quests

I_LIKE_CAKE

Oct 29, 2008
I loved both games, but I have to go with Oblivion. I spent so much time plying that game, it is actually kind of embarrassing.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Fall Out 3 feels like Oblivion which has had some extra development time basically

mattydude68

Apr 25, 2009
i prefer fallout because of the setting and i liked fallouts story whereas oblivions got a bit on my nerves + i prefer having V.A.T.S

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I like my giant world hub to be pretty and full of trees, so it's Oblivion for me. Fallout 3 just gets depressing after a while.

UpSkirtDistress

Mar 2, 2009
I Coped out and said both were great, each have problems but overall are very enjoyable

Oblivion
-the sheer mind crushing scale of the game, the variety in skills and magic adds some fun to the game, the story fells more complete then fallout.

Fallout
-Is more immersive the story is more immersive even if it does cut off suddenly, there are a few nice new features that oblivion lacks such as merchants cap limits, voice acting improved, the biggest annoyance in fallout is the guns while vats is fun overall it takes away from the fast paced action and the manual aim especially the zoom is hardly intuative take any other fps even some of the worse ones and the manual aim works better then fallout

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
They were both good games, In my opinion Oblivion is clearly the superior PC game, while Fallout is much better on a console platform. Though Fallout seems a lot more simplistic than Oblivion is.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
fix-the-spade said:
Psychosocial said:
At least it's about games and not Chuck Norris vs Joseph Stalin vs Samurai Jack.
Samurai Jack by a mile.

And one of my problems lies in the leveling system of Fallout 3. They force you to use Skill Points in certain catagories, like Lockpicking, thus limiting your potential.
They also took out major glitches- something I like about Oblivion.
There's nothing more satisfying than jumping over a Daedroth and shanking his behind with 250 acrobatics.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
G1eet said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
fix-the-spade said:
Psychosocial said:
Samurai Jack by a mile.

And one of my problems lies in the leveling system of Fallout 3. They force you to use Skill Points in certain catagories, like Lockpicking, thus limiting your potential.
There's nothing more satisfying than jumping over a Daedroth and shanking his behind with 250 acrobatics.
My favorite glitch is the one that gives you permanent bound items. The only one I really use, actually.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
G1eet said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
fix-the-spade said:
Psychosocial said:
Samurai Jack by a mile.

My favorite glitch is the one that gives you permanent bound items. The only one I really use, actually.
I used it on one character, but it seemed too easy when my character was a level 5 or so and had level 20+ armor.
I'm the guy that enjoys the journey and the destination.